Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Does a V50 07 2.0D SE have a dpf or is it only Euro 4 models

Views : 49649

Replies : 106

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 19:08   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk Saint View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have learnt something today that will fling the cat among the proverbial pigeons.

I have it officially from Volvo UK that all cars that have either a 4 or 5 as the 8th digit of their VIN definately have a DPF filter. The only variant that does not have the filter is the first generation V50 which has a 3 as the 8th digit.

I also asked about whether there is a more resilient version of the system that requires less attention and they have confirmed that there is not. There is 1 version of the system on the V50 that is exactly the same across the range and all require the same maintenance that will vary by driving style.

So, there we have it, finally a definative answer to the question that has plagued me for the past few weeks whilst I've been trying to find a decent V50 to buy.

I hope this helps anyone else who has been searching for the answer.
They are wrong , i stand by what i said above !

They contradict themselves from post #3 above:

"Dear Mr PXXXX,
Thank you for your email and I apologise for the delay in responding to
you. I can confirm that your vehicle does not have a particulate filter.
This information is gleaned from the chassis number YV1MW7541A25*****.
75 is the engine variant and the following 4 shows that it is Euro 4
emissions which do not have the filter. I hope this is the information
you require, thank you for your contact with this office.
Yours sincerely

<-removed->
Customer Support Manager
Volvo Car UK Ltd"

and there IS a more robust system from 2009 model year , it has a particle filter which doesnt need any attention and NO EOLYS top up

Last edited by admin; Oct 25th, 2011 at 11:04. Reason: Removed VCUK contact as not for use in open forum
Clan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 19:29   #12
kebab10
Premier Member

Clan knows you know. Trust him.
kebab10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 21:00   #13
Uk Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab10 View Post
Clan knows you know. Trust him.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Clan is wrong, I too was interested in the fact that they contradicted themselves in the email Loskie received and brought up this very point. The lady then went away and sought an answer that was so called "definitive" and came back 5 or so mins later with what I typed above. I took them to their word and decided to post it.
This kind of made sense to me as a car I am booked to look at on Sunday has a 8th digit of 4 and according to my local independent (who searched the VIN and Reg No) it has a DPF?

Believe me I really, really hope that they are all wrong and Clans fountain of knowledge is just as free flowing as it usually is but I really want to stress that I am not calling anyones opinion incorrect, just posting what I thought was valuable addition to the topic.
Uk Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 21:31   #14
Lee '71

I have a 2006 (2007 model) V50 2.0D Sport (Euro 4) with a 4 as the 8th digit and I was very glad to hear on my last service, that I have NO DPF.
Lee '71 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee '71 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 21:38   #15
kebab10
Premier Member

It has been known in the past that Volvo UK get stuff wrong. I TRUST what Clan has posted and many others on this forum do.

For those doubters out there, ring Volvo UK and see what they say. Or your local dealer.
kebab10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 22:04   #16
Thassos
GoldMember

Arrow Have a look and findout 4 sure

I would suggest a quick look at the exhaust system, VIN numbers are all fine but nothing beats having a look underneath to see what system you have, however Clan is usually right in my humble opinion ! As far as im aware the DPF is a separate component similar in appearance to an exhaust box with some extra pipes (is on a D5 euro 4 anyway)
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thassos For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 22:11   #17
Uk Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab10 View Post
It has been known in the past that Volvo UK get stuff wrong. I TRUST what Clan has posted and many others on this forum do.

For those doubters out there, ring Volvo UK and see what they say. Or your local dealer.
I think calling people doubters and claiming no trust in other members opinions is a bit strong. As I feel I have pointed out strongly enough, I was not calling Clans opinion/knowledge mearly adding some input I took as official which came from Volvo UK.
You obviously have more experience than me regarding whether they are a trustworthy source of information for their own product. All I did was attempt to relay the information that I thought may have been valuable to others. Do I honestly deserve the negativity for that?

First impressions of this site were a friendly place to be with good open discussion, I'm beggining to think I may have been wrong.
Uk Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 22:46   #18
Lee '71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk Saint View Post
I think calling people doubters and claiming no trust in other members opinions is a bit strong. As I feel I have pointed out strongly enough, I was not calling Clans opinion/knowledge mearly adding some input I took as official which came from Volvo UK.
You obviously have more experience than me regarding whether they are a trustworthy source of information for their own product. All I did was attempt to relay the information that I thought may have been valuable to others. Do I honestly deserve the negativity for that?

First impressions of this site were a friendly place to be with good open discussion, I'm beggining to think I may have been wrong.
Don't take it to heart, we all know you did it with good intentions.

Some people are a little more 'opinionated' than others and as such have a stronger point of view, I know I've run into it before(!!) but everybody means well, honestly!

So, welcome and please do join in, everybody's point is a valid and welcome one. A difference of opinion is what makes the world go round!!
Lee '71 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee '71 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 14:26   #19
Daim
Brit in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
They are wrong , i stand by what i said above !

They contradict themselves from post #3 above:

"Dear Mr PXXXX,
Thank you for your email and I apologise for the delay in responding to
you. I can confirm that your vehicle does not have a particulate filter.
This information is gleaned from the chassis number YV1MW7541A25*****.
75 is the engine variant and the following 4 shows that it is Euro 4
emissions which do not have the filter. I hope this is the information
you require, thank you for your contact with this office.
Yours sincerely

<-removed->
Customer Support Manager
Volvo Car UK Ltd"

and there IS a more robust system from 2009 model year , it has a particle filter which doesnt need any attention and NO EOLYS top up
BUT it is ONLY for the engines with a Powershift automatic!

All MMT6 D4204Ts with DPF have the Eloys stuff. Those with an MPS6-4 box (Powershift) don't and have the same system as the D3/D4/D5

Last edited by admin; Oct 25th, 2011 at 11:05.
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 20:30   #20
iandonnadnjess
V.O.C. Member, R-Design

Question

well this lots as clear as mud ,, im more confused then ever ,, we need a difinative answer to this dpf question ,, oh hum..
iandonnadnjess is offline   Reply With Quote