Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Preventative maintenance, auto transmission and throttle bod

Views : 937

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 20:08   #1
Soundmangaz

Default Preventative maintenance, auto transmission and throttle bod

Hi all, first time posting, apologies if wrong section etc etc...

I have two issues currently bubbling under with my car:

So, recently bought a 2000 volvo v70 mk1 (my second one after my first gave up the ghost). It has 110,000 on the clock and it pretty well looked after and maintained. Thing is, i'm starting to notice a couple of slight lumpy gearchanges from the auto box (yes it's the aw55 5speed with all the issues). And also, unrelated, the car will stall after 5minutes of sitting at idle.

So, preventative maintenance time.

Gearbox: do you think a thorough flush (gibbons mehtod) would do the trick, or should I be looking at gearbox software updates too, and if the latter, do volvo dealers still do them, or anyone in and around bristol able to do them?!

Throttle/stalling: i'm assuming this is a throttle body issue, and that at some point it'll get worse and i'll have to replace it, or am I barking up the wrong tree, could it be a sensor on the way out, the maf or the o2 post cat for example (did the pre-cat when I got it due to eml).

Oh and no messages stored in the obd, except a too lean message whilst I was checking it as it stalled (i'm assuming this was an effect of the stall, and not the cause....)

Any help much appreciated, I love my old wagon!
Soundmangaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto gearbox, stalling