Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'06 C70 T5 convertible Low Voltage message

Views : 842

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 25th, 2013, 16:32   #1
DavidBee

Post '06 C70 T5 convertible Low Voltage message

Hoping someone can shed some light on the following:

Everytime I put the roof down and back up again, I get a 'low voltage - remove battery' message appear. I want to charge the battery to see if this resolves the issue, and need to know if the battery can be charged 'in situ' or does it need to be removed from the engine bay? I'm not getting any other warning messages\lights coming on. Car only gets a 10 minute drive to work and back twice a day, so perhaps battery not getting a decent charge?

Thanks in advance.
DavidBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 18:56   #2
mikealder
VOC Member

Charge it in place, no reason to remove it.

When you lower/ raise the roof you do this with the engine running or off?

Short trips will eventually flatten the battery, more so at this time of year when you tend to have more of the electrics switched on than in summer. I would check the alternator is giving the required output using a digital voltmeter, if it is failing it won't charge the battery correctly - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikealder For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 19:40   #3
DavidBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealder View Post
Charge it in place, no reason to remove it.

When you lower/ raise the roof you do this with the engine running or off?

Short trips will eventually flatten the battery, more so at this time of year when you tend to have more of the electrics switched on than in summer. I would check the alternator is giving the required output using a digital voltmeter, if it is failing it won't charge the battery correctly - Mike
Mike, thanks for reply. Engine must be running to open and close roof. I've done a two hour journey earlier today, so hopefully charged the battery up. I'll also check to see if battery looks like original, as I've only had the car a couple of months and still finding out about it. Might take a trip to Halfords and get battery checked.

Again, thanks for replying.
Old Nov 27th, 2013, 14:54   #4
DavidBee

Default Problem solved...

I think I need to get my eyes checked...message came up again and it's 'remote battery low voltage' and not 'remove battery low voltage'!! Luckily no massive outlay on parts, just replaced with a spare CR2032 that I had, and now all ok.