Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 1800S for sale

Views : 1394

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2022, 13:06   #1
RIDDLER55
VOC Member

Default Volvo 1800S for sale

After five blissful years of ownership I have decided to sell my beautiful Volvo 1800S.
I would obviously like it to go to someone who is passionate about Volvos so thought I would mention it on here first to give club members first refusal before I start advertising it.
I have a meticulously-kept history file on the car which would choke an elephant!
It has passed its last six MOTs without a single advisory despite me driving over 21,000 miles in it as I like to use my classics, not hide them away. This is testament to how well it has been maintained.
It has appeared on the cover of the owners' club magazine at least four times, won Best European Sports Car at last year's massive Tatton classic car show and has also won a Best Car in Show award.
The car had a full bodywork restoration and engine rebuild in 2000 and has probably covered around 24,000 miles since then. It is in its original colour of Volvo dark green and was first registered in 1968.
It has not been modified apart from the following:
* Electronic ignition
* Hand-built stainless steel exhaust
* Original Motorola radio converted to bluetooth so you can stream music and make and answer phone calls
* Immobiliser fitted
* Hazard warning lights fitted
*Chrome steering wheel from earlier P1800 (at a cost of £800).
The car has original Minilite wheels in excellent condition complete with original Minilite wheel nuts and Volvo 1800S centre caps.
The bodywork has no signs of corrosion and the interior is immaculate with everything working.
I am only selling this car because in a moment of madness I have bought an Italian supercar that has cleaned out my bank account - and I also only have garage space for one car!
I think the pictures speak for themselves - and the car is well known to the club, particularly the Cheshire section where I am based.
If anyone is interested in the car I would be happy to talk to them. My asking price is £30,000 (that is the club's valuation and also the agreed insurance valuation). I am not open to offers as I think this is a very fair price for the car based on what I have seen these cars sell for at auction in the past year.
My phone number is 07810-655646.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_E1693 (Medium).JPG (306.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1796 (Medium).JPG (177.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1026.jpg (164.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2093.jpg (398.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2019.jpg (282.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1662.jpg (348.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_E1691.jpg (293.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1774 (Medium).JPG (189.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1661.jpg (335.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg volvo record 1.jpg (372.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo record 2.jpg (136.3 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by RIDDLER55; Nov 13th, 2022 at 13:27.
RIDDLER55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RIDDLER55 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 14:27   #2
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Stunning and the colour is so era authentic and suited to the car, wheels really compliment it as well, good luck finding her a new home, out of my league I'm afraid but for someone looking for one it's a really good find.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 15:55   #3
cassell
Member since 1988

Default 1800s

I can certainly vouch for the condition of this 1800S, Robert is a member of our VOC Cheshire section and his car is well known to us. It is used almost daily and is in amazing condition and very well cared for by him.

We have displayed it many times on our club stands at classic shows and it always draws massive attention from visitors, the photos on here don't really do it justice.

Anyone looking to acquire a beautiful, unmolested, original 1800S will be hard pressed to find a better one, as a VOC section we will be sorry to lose such an iconic car from our membership, unless of course if someone in the Cheshire area buys it!
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 18:13   #4
VolvoFan
Master Member

I would think your asking price is low, compared to others I've seen in not so fine condition and up for prices £30,000 closer to £40,000.
VolvoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VolvoFan For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 09:27   #5
amazondean
amazondean

Absolutely beautiful. I rue the day i sold my very good example in 2009 for £7500 😢

I have thought about replacing it one day but justifying that amount of money is getting harder to swallow 🤦, although my Brother in-law has just splashed out £160,000 on his new Ferrari toy !!! so £30,000 sounds reasonable considering your 1800s would turn heads far more.

If, in the unlikely event you still have it in six Months, I might make you a decent offer 😉
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amazondean For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 19:43   #6
Groundes-Peace
Master Member

I have to say that looks a really great car. I would love to own that P1800.
I think it will make a wonderful cat for the next owner.
Well done for preparing the car to this standard!
Groundes-Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 20:20   #7
cassell
Member since 1988

No doubt RIDDLER55 will update this thread himself but just to stop anyone getting too excited he has let us know that the car is now sold within 24 hours of him advertising it on this forum and elsewhere.

Told you it was a good un!
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 22:04   #8
RIDDLER55
VOC Member

Can confirm the car has now sold for the full asking price. Bought by a Volvo dealership in Northampton to display in their showroom.
However, I understand they do plan to drive it to promotional events and shows.
They have also bought an Amazon and another even older Volvo.
These will be kept and on occasions the showroom will be cleared of new models, the classics will be displayed and they will invite their customers to come down for an evening of Volvo nostalgia.
RIDDLER55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RIDDLER55 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 01:42   #9
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDLER55 View Post
Can confirm the car has now sold for the full asking price. Bought by a Volvo dealership in Northampton to display in their showroom.
However, I understand they do plan to drive it to promotional events and shows.
They have also bought an Amazon and another even older Volvo.
These will be kept and on occasions the showroom will be cleared of new models, the classics will be displayed and they will invite their customers to come down for an evening of Volvo nostalgia.
I hope you got an XC90 thrown into the deal foc.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote