Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

No more parts sales.

Views : 958

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2024, 20:27   #11
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940volvoman View Post
I fully understand your reasons.

I'm still looking for a grey drivers side seat pocket though.....Thanks
Did you not get my message where I said I had one off the car ready for you?
P505DEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2024, 20:30   #12
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1950 View Post
That's a great shame because people like you provide a great service and earn a livliehood. The problem is a certain type who seem to want everything for free. Perhaps if the cheapscate who returned his own broken part for a refund reads this thread he might have a mea culpa if he realises that what he was attempting, is known as fraud. Of course in the old days he would probably have visited the local scrapyard and simply stolen what he wanted. Such is society nowadays it's quite depressing.
Absolutely agree with you, it’s a right royal pain in the backside and my heart really isn’t in it any more. It’s becoming so stressful trying to deal with the fallout of people who are of a less than honest character, only yesterday I had someone try it on saying an item wasn’t received on eBay and when checking the tracking they have signed for it not 10 minutes before they claimed it hadn’t arrived. I bet they would have stolen the parts from a scrapyard but these days it’s easier to be lazy and do such things via the interned!
Old Mar 15th, 2024, 20:32   #13
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
I'm with the others here. It's a shame[but understandable]that you've had to make this decision.I've bought from you in the past[and if I remember correctly we've had a couple of lengthy telephone conversations]and I must say I thought your prices were entirely reasonable[I wouldn't have bought them if I thought otherwise] sounds like another case of the few spoiling it for the many,but for the sake of your health as much as anything else I think you've made the right call.
Thanks for your message. I totally agree, health is the most important thing in life. Yes we had many a good chat in the past and if I remember you have also bought off eBay from me too! I try to be fair with prices but I also have to pay my bills as well as buy these cars in the first place.
Old Mar 15th, 2024, 20:36   #14
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Totally support your decision. A chappie who breaks C70 has suffered the same issues. It isn't just cars tho' , all internet selling seems to be fraught with problems and Facebook in particular seems to be the repository for every idiot who has ever been born. Good luck with your health.
Your right mate, I try and avoid selling on Facebook except for the very occasional group post on one of the USA pages because they seem to get excited about some of the stuff I upload on eBay. There’s lots of scam artists in many different varieties online, it’s not overly easy to deal with fallout when it goes wrong either. I actually was looking on market place earlier and found a car for sale which was using photos of a car I have parked on my drive and has been for the last 3 weeks but the photos showed its prior registration plates. It does make you laugh how they try though!
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 00:48   #15
P505DEF
Master Member

Last bits to be put away tomorrow
Old Mar 17th, 2024, 23:17   #16
940volvoman
Master Member

Thanks,I have replied to your P.M.

Sorry for the delay,I wasn't really checking in,having read your post.Can you send a piccy with price?

Thanks
940volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2024, 13:28   #17
940volvoman
Master Member

I'm not sure whether my messages are getting through.Is that you on Ebay, Volvobreakers?
Old Mar 18th, 2024, 19:02   #18
P505DEF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940volvoman View Post
I'm not sure whether my messages are getting through.Is that you on Ebay, Volvobreakers?
Yea mate
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 22:26   #19
940volvoman
Master Member

Thanks for your help today,Tom.

Your car looks great,by the way. You obviously look after it......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 940volvoman For This Useful Post: