Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Weak Headlights - Contact Volvo

Views : 61497

Replies : 293

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 7th, 2010, 21:59   #31
Gel

Thumbs up Vcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanaia1 View Post
Very Cold Climate
Volvo
Couldn't
Care
(Less)
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 22:03   #32
Gel

Exclamation Volvo response

I e mailed Cust Care, and had call from them today.

He confirmed Volvo do monitor these forums, but saying that said they had no knowledge on these 2 issues* which rather proves they don't read the postings!

*Naff headlamps re dipped beam
Washers freezing too easily; very bad for Scandinavian designed car.
A colleague witha Mondeo says he didn't suffer frozen washers when I was,
and added more concentrate as per bottle for low temps ie -10oC
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 15:42   #33
gazsaz

I more than i agree with this thread, as a driver of a s40 1997 (r) i can more than appreciate the distinct lack of power in the lights of this car, they are without doubt awful!
gazsaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 16:13   #34
volvokid

Why dont we start a list or new thread of users who suffer from this problem, then maybe send it to Volvo. I know the dipped on my 2003 V40 are crap and Volvo wouldnt even look at that due to the age and they dont even make it but the newer ones may stir something with them.

I'll start feel free to move this to a new thread though.

State your user id, year and model of car and light type.

1. Volvokid - 2008 C70 T5 xenon
2003 53 Mint green V40 1.9D Sport - Work and everyday car.
volvokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 17:56   #35
Loskie

Agreed dipped headlights are appaling. So bad even that my girlfriend commented on them last night coming home from town. Re washers: we have been consistently between -5 and -13 c for the last week or more, my car is parked outside and I have had no problems(am using lidl screenwash).
Am wondering if some of you complaining are using pre mixed screenwash which probably does only down to about -5.
Loskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 20:23   #36
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Loskie - Interesting to hear what you say about the Lidl screenwash. I bought some in the summer but it was very vague about temps it would work in. I emailed Lidl and they advised that it was not designed for use in the winter. Ironic then that you are not having problems with it. I swapped over to the usual blue stuff in November & my nozzles often freeze over.
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 20:26   #37
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvokid View Post
Why dont we start a list or new thread of users who suffer from this problem, then maybe send it to Volvo. I know the dipped on my 2003 V40 are crap and Volvo wouldnt even look at that due to the age and they dont even make it but the newer ones may stir something with them.

I'll start feel free to move this to a new thread though.

State your user id, year and model of car and light type.

1. Volvokid - 2008 C70 T5 xenon
I'm not against this but if everyone who is unhappy emails Volvo at the addresses given then it would have the same effect and in a more direct way. If people want a dual attack though then please go for it.
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 08:57   #38
Loskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey1512 View Post
Loskie - Interesting to hear what you say about the Lidl screenwash. I bought some in the summer but it was very vague about temps it would work in. I emailed Lidl and they advised that it was not designed for use in the winter. Ironic then that you are not having problems with it. I swapped over to the usual blue stuff in November & my nozzles often freeze over.

Confusingly the Lidl screenwash is labelled "winter antifreeze". Mix rates are clearly shown on the rear of the 5l container.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...index_7562.htm
See link for current product.
Loskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 10:37   #39
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loskie View Post
Confusingly the Lidl screenwash is labelled "winter antifreeze". Mix rates are clearly shown on the rear of the 5l container.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...index_7562.htm
See link for current product.
That is different to the one I was thinking of. I have a highly concentrated small Yellow bottle, W5. I have not seen the one you mentioned but when I am in next I will get some. It makes sense really that they do have a winter and summer screenwash. Thanks for that.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 14:43   #40
civilservant

Finally got a response from Volvo UK. They say they are not aware of this issue! I mentioned they must have received a few emails following this thread so how could they possibly not be aware?

A very unhelpful response which suggested I take the car back to the dealers for them to take a look - despite me writing that I have already done this and the dealer's have said there is nothing more they can do despite admitting the headlights are a little on the weak side!

Have sent another email to Volvo UK but suspect no further response will be forthcoming
civilservant is offline   Reply With Quote