Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Advice on what cancellation rights I have over a car order.

Views : 1999

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 27th, 2021, 12:36   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundowner View Post
Hi,
I paid a £1000 deposit at a Volvo dealership to place an order for a factory built to spec Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered car at the end of Jun 2021. I was told the expected delivery date would likely be the end of the Year (Dec 2021) and that they would be in touch once they had a date from the factory. I was ok with this as the car I’ve got at the moment is fine.
Early in August I heard back from the dealership. They still had no delivery date for the car.

I was in contact with the dealership last week after hearing online some people’s cars had arrived missing options they had ordered (due to the worldwide chip shortage). The dealership looked into this for me, and when I heard back, they told me that the factory isn’t currently taking any new orders as their order books are full. So, my car order hasn’t been accepted by the factory yet.

In the meantime, I’ve discovered that one of the safety features I’d wanted and assumed was on the car is not currently orderable on the car (due to world wide chip shortage). BLIS and Cross Traffic alert was part of the safety package on an earlier edition of the price list. But I now see from the Spec list of my car that the dealer emailed me at the time I paid the deposit, the Driver support option I ordered, doesn’t include BLIS and cross traffic alert.
All along and to this day the Volvo UK website advertises the safety features of the V60 with BLIS & Cross traffic alert prominently featuring on the main page for information about the V60 model.

I really don’t want the car if it doesn’t include BLIS and Cross Traffic alert. My current car has both and they aren’t something I could live without, they’ve saved me in situations in the past, despite be being a careful driver. I’m yet to confirm if this could be fitted after delivery but suspect it won’t be having read a few things online.

How do I stand if I want to cancel my order? and will I lose my deposit? I can see that I should have checked the spec more thoroughly. You don’t expect Volvo who is known for their safety to drop driver safety features.
But now that I am told the dealer hasn’t even been able to place the order, can I cancel on these grounds alone?
Once the chip shortage issues eases, I’m sure the BLIS and cross traffic alert features will be available again. Can I push to delay my order with the dealership in the hope that these features become available again on the car? I’m happy to wait for the right car even it that means a long wait.

It is no good asking on here , you need to talk with your dealer who is updated daily on such issues and answers , Good Luck though .
Old Nov 27th, 2021, 14:16   #12
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply.

Bad news on the my car order. I emailed the dealership yesterday to ask for an update, and I've been told the factory have rejected the order, and now the Polestar Engineered models is discontinued in the UK. So no car. I'm not sure what to do next, I ordered the car end of June. I'd have expected the dealership to have been given a headups by Volvo that a model is being discontinued, especially since there are customers that have been waiting so long.
It's no doubt disappointing, but looks like you don't have much choice, but to order a new car, be that from Volvo's current lineup or something different.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2021, 12:45   #13
smithsc

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply.

Bad news on the my car order. I emailed the dealership yesterday to ask for an update, and I've been told the factory have rejected the order, and now the Polestar Engineered models is discontinued in the UK. So no car. I'm not sure what to do next, I ordered the car end of June. I'd have expected the dealership to have been given a headups by Volvo that a model is being discontinued, especially since there are customers that have been waiting so long.
Seems strange as ordered mine on 11th October its been accepted by Volvo and got a delivery date, did your dealership cancel your order and resubmit?

There's a couple of people on here who've ordered a Polestar Engineered after you and due to get them March / April
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2021, 23:29   #14
sundowner

I've no idea if the dealership cancelled my order and resubmitted. When I spoke to them a few days ago, they gave me the order number which I'd not had myself until now, and told me the 2nd July was when they placed the order. They mentioned my order is on status Holding pool with a reference to factory full or saturated. The dealership takes this to mean the car won't be built.
I was able to ascertain having remembered at initial order, being told about another customer who had placed an order a few weeks before mine, and at the time the dealership still awaiting to hear any info from the factory.
This customer order (V60 PE) it turns out was accepted around Oct time (I think if I remembered correctly or maybe a bit later). The car has a delivery date of March approx.
The dealership said they were a little surprised mine wasn't accepted being only two weeks later down the line. The car with a confirmed delivery date out of interest I was told is mostly standard with no or very few options ordered. Mine has most options selected minus the sunroof and towbar, don't know if that makes a difference?

I was given the Volvo UK customer care phone number, so that I could contact them to complain. I've contacted them I they are looking into my case. They have told me they will contact me once they hear back from the relevant departments/factory.

Smithsc, what options did you go for on your Polestar Engineered car? Yours is a V60 ? or S60 XC60? Do you know what the others you mentioned with confirmed orders went for model and options wise?
sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 02:18   #15
smithsc

I went for an S60 PE with B&W, lighting pack and 20” wheels.

Order placed 11/10/21 with order number a week later with confirmed delivery same time. The dealer I went with emails me without fail weekly to advise of progress and if anything has slipped which as of yet only the delivery date slipped from mid March to Mid April.

I’ll be very disappointed if they go on to cancel my order, I know they changed the T8 and a few people who ordered around your time had their orders cancelled and resubmitted to get the new powertrain, I wonder if yours has just been a “cock up” as from when you ordered to now it seems strange they cancelled. Let me know what Volvo UK say.
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote