Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 HID kit

Views : 3219

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2016, 21:08   #21
RM955I
Premier Member

Here you go. I've raised the lights back up a little as they are set really low from the factory: no one has flashed me so (for the moment at least) it confirms that contrary to what some say, the H7 with the correct "R" (reflector type) bulb works well.

Sorry, no before and after but I think the picture speaks for itself - dipped beam only. No point taking a head-on shot as it'll just be a load of flare in the camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160926_193955[1239365].jpg (127.5 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by RM955I; Sep 26th, 2016 at 21:12.
RM955I is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RM955I For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 16:01   #22
uknowiama

Any update on this RM955I? Or anyone with the HIDS4u kit? Think of upgrading my lamps. Thanks.

Dunno much about, so going to have a mooch around.
uknowiama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 16:15   #23
JDmac
JD

Hi,uknowiama, this post is from 2016 so a bit out of date.
HIDs for you are not trading at present as they have some
problem with their building - message on their website,cheers,JDmac.
JDmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 17:41   #24
uknowiama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmac View Post
Hi,uknowiama, this post is from 2016 so a bit out of date.
HIDs for you are not trading at present as they have some
problem with their building - message on their website,cheers,JDmac.
Thanks for the help. Been a while since I used to heavily frequent car forums (my Honda days) but I thought it best to tag onto an exisiting thread covering the same subject rather than starting a new one. Went to HIDs4U website, searched for my car and showed as in stock... am I missing something?

Dunno much about, so going to have a mooch around.
uknowiama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 14:50   #25
PEGE63
Master Member

I have also looked the the HID and was very tempted to fit the PHILIPS H7 LED's, looks great and a straight swop and I am sure that they will work fine BUT, and this is the issue for me, I will probably invalidate the insurance and that is agood enough reason for me not to fit them which is a shame as as good as the Philips Extreme/Osram Nighlights are a pukka designed LED will probably be so much better. Maybe post Brexit they will be allowed in the UK hmmm :-)

V70 D5 (185) SE Sport, Geartronic, 58 MY08 4C. 133k
(before Avensis 55 95K, P97 945 LPT 2.3FK 113K and J92 945 2.0T 165K)
PEGE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 17:25   #26
JDmac
JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowiama View Post
Thanks for the help. Been a while since I used to heavily frequent car forums (my Honda days) but I thought it best to tag onto an exisiting thread covering the same subject rather than starting a new one. Went to HIDs4U website, searched for my car and showed as in stock... am I missing something?
Hi,sorry,bit of a brain fade. Post should have read hids-direct are having premises problems & are unable to trade at present. They have a message on their website. Apologies,JDmac.
Old Dec 21st, 2018, 17:19   #27
JDmac
JD

Quote:
Hi,sorry,bit of a brain fade. Post should have read hids-direct are having premises problems & are unable to trade at present. They have a message on their website. Apologies,JDmac.
Hi, I have just purchased & fitted a Stealth 35W, 5000 H7R xenon hid kit from
HIDS4U for my V70. Ordered on the Friday, dispatched on the Monday,received
on the Tuesday so supply was quick. Installation was straight forward following their instruction booklet but you do need to drill the back cover on the headlights to pass the wiring through, although the sealing grommet hides it.
The longest/hardest job was finding somewhere to mount the ballasts. There is a flat plate on the V70 behind the lights & I mounted them behind said plate & secured with decent zip clip. It all worked straight out of the box then visited my friends MOT centre & had the lights set up on the beam setter(not far out but a little low) Haven't been out in dark dark yet so will give thoughts later. Christmas good wishes,JDmac.
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 17:23   #28
JDmac
JD

Quote:
Hi, I have just purchased & fitted a Stealth 35W, 5000 H7R xenon hid kit from
HIDS4U for my V70. Ordered on the Friday, dispatched on the Monday,received
on the Tuesday so supply was quick. Installation was straight forward following their instruction booklet but you do need to drill the back cover on the headlights to pass the wiring through, although the sealing grommet hides it.
The longest/hardest job was finding somewhere to mount the ballasts. There is a flat plate on the V70 behind the lights & I mounted them behind said plate & secured with decent zip clip. It all worked straight out of the box then visited my friends MOT centre & had the lights set up on the beam setter(not far out but a little low) Haven't been out in dark dark yet so will give thoughts later. Christmas good wishes,JDmac.
Hi folks, have now been out in the dark dark(& fog) & lights are superb. I can now see my lights are on & can see where I'm going. Alignment must be good as I was never flashed once driving on mainly country roads for 90 mins. Well pleased with the results so would recommend. Good New Year when it comes,JDmac.