Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Views : 419050

Replies : 1084

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 31st, 2018, 18:44   #341
JR18

Done

Thank you
JR18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 10:12   #342
JR18

Default Vida Working Fine

I ordered Vida/Dice from Simon and it was delivered next day. He emailed me instructions on how to set it up on my laptop. Included in the instructions are links to his you tube videos as well as a link to the patch needed. It was very easy to follow and within the hour up and running. If you want Vida/Dice buy yours from Simon, it works, it also removes the risk of buying a dud unit.
Highly recommended

The laptop i used was nothing special.
An old dell with a 2ghz celeron cpu, 4gb ram and a 120gb hard drive.
A fresh install of windows 7 64 bit and basic settings(no aero etc) also no other unnecessary programs installed.

Last edited by JR18; Nov 3rd, 2018 at 11:09.
The Following User Says Thank You to JR18 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 10:24   #343
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR18 View Post
I ordered Vida/Dice from Simon and it was delivered next day. He emailed me instructions on how to set it up on my laptop. Included in the instructions are links to his you tube videos as well as a link to the patch needed. It was very easy to follow and within the hour up and running. If you want Vida/Dice buy yours from Simon, it works, it also removes the risk of buying a dud unit.

Highly recommended
Thank you John and well done on the quick turnaround yourself.
Just 48 hours between you making your payment to setting up Vida and reading your car is one of quickest I've dealt with.
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 10:47   #344
JR18

Hi Simon

Can i ask a question re: the diagnostic/fault trace section?
When it opens to : unselected csc the faults are displayed. I have a few including one i know of the, alarm battery. If i look in the : initial state
section i have more. For example : sunroof communication error, phone steering wheel volume not working etc. The items are working. Any idea why they are present if working.

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 10:53   #345
cheshired5
Premier Member

Initial State shows everything since the last code read.
I would click the delivery tab and Erase All then follow the erase procedure on screen instructions.
I would then clear the Vehicle Profile and read the car again.
Codes which are historical and irrelevant will then be gone from Initial State and only current and relevant codes will remain.
These are the codes which require action (or not) dependant on their urgency.
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 10:57   #346
JR18

I tried deleting them but did not delete the vehicle profile, they are still there.
I will try delete the profile.

Thank you
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 11:49   #347
JDmac
JD

Hi all, I purchased a laptop with Vida already loaded from Simon & also met up with him for demonstration/instruction some while ago. It has never been a problem & I can highly recommend his services whichever service you require.
In addition Vida stopped working recently which turned out to be the Vida date sequence(out of date). Information was given by email the next day & all was sorted within 30mins. After sales service - couldn't ask for better. Cheers Simon,JDmac.
JDmac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDmac For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 12:33   #348
JR18

Hi Simon

That did the trick. Errors gone apart from 2 in initial state. Air quality sensor and the alarm battery .Will see what happens next time i go for a run. Re: the lights,the previous owner had xenons installed at a cost of £1600 ( i have the volvo reiept) wow. There are no values present and i also checked in advanced settings so i asume they cant be changed. One last thing: engine misfire counter value of 1 on a single cylinder.
Any ideas? new plugs fitted maybe injector??

Handy piece of kit this vida/ dice

Thanks again
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 13:21   #349
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR18 View Post
Hi Simon

That did the trick. Errors gone apart from 2 in initial state. Air quality sensor and the alarm battery .Will see what happens next time i go for a run. Re: the lights,the previous owner had xenons installed at a cost of £1600 ( i have the volvo reiept) wow. There are no values present and i also checked in advanced settings so i asume they cant be changed. One last thing: engine misfire counter value of 1 on a single cylinder.
Any ideas? new plugs fitted maybe injector??

Handy piece of kit this vida/ dice

Thanks again
Ref DRL settings, if it's not available as a listed option in Vida, there's little you can do..... Nice free xenon upgrade though so every cloud and all that.

With the misfire, you can click on the fault and view details and information for an explanation of the possible causes and fix(es).
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 19:27   #350
gregdoc

Default green light/orange light

hi si.
purchased the vida and dice a short time ago..i have installed everything I believe as per your instructions..i have an orange light on ..trying to connect I believe and it should turn green which it does not want to do.any ideas please anyone
gregdoc
gregdoc is offline   Reply With Quote