Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Voice recognition problems

Views : 1793

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2019, 21:35   #11
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
I can't find any sign of voice training in the menu. What's more I've finished uploading the update and now the voice control button on the steering wheel does nothing....just dead
Did you download this update and follow the instructions:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support.../voice-control

tem.
Old Aug 17th, 2019, 21:42   #12
tem
Premier Member

Additional article which may help:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...a80151503eecba

tem.
Old Aug 17th, 2019, 21:50   #13
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Have you done the voice training in the car? Having said that it works pretty well with most accents as standard...
Clan,

Can you post a link to “Voice Training” please.
I for one, have never found this in the menus.
Including, online help.
Thank you.

tem.

Last edited by tem; Aug 17th, 2019 at 21:53. Reason: Add text.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tem For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2019, 22:09   #14
BigKahuna

Thanks All. Yes, I've uploaded the update from the support website, which went fine. After a bit of tinkering around changing the language and then back to UK English, it did seem to start working again after a few minutes so it seems to be working for the moment. I've noticed that if I adjust the climate using VR it now displays in the dash screen which I don't remember seeing before. I have searched both the menu's and the manual for the 'Voice training' that Clan refers too, but I've given up for now. Perhaps when he remembers how he did it he could pass on the info. Certainly previous cars I've had have had it so I guess it's in there somewhere.
Old Aug 17th, 2019, 22:53   #15
Whiterdesign
Master Member

I know I’ve done voice training in my car, but how the hell I did it I can’t remember. Done load of searches and can’t find it, think I came across it by accident.
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 02:49   #16
Quacker
Premier Member

Clan has been dreaming. There is no voice control training. It is his fantasy. He may be thinking of some other car brand or possibly some earlier Volvo model, but the current model does not have this feature.

I challenge him to link to a page in the Sensus or the manual where such a ‘comprehensive’ thing exists or is explained and I am prepared to eat humble pie. Or I will prepare in the unlikely event that he, or anyone else comes up with the goods. Good luck!
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 06:34   #17
tem
Premier Member

Default Voice Training?

I have been thinking back to when I owned one of the first editions of the XC60’s (2009/10?) and I remembered there being something mentioned about “Voice Training”.
I never thought anymore about it, as the car seemed to understand my commands from day one.

The link attached, does mention Voice Training.
You need to scroll down to see it mentioned:

http://www.volvedia.com/inf-928.html

Not sure if current models have this feature?
My V90 seems to understand my commands.

tem.

Last edited by tem; Aug 18th, 2019 at 07:08.
tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 07:23   #18
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Clan has been dreaming. There is no voice control training. It is his fantasy. He may be thinking of some other car brand or possibly some earlier Volvo model, but the current model does not have this feature.

I challenge him to link to a page in the Sensus or the manual where such a ‘comprehensive’ thing exists or is explained and I am prepared to eat humble pie. Or I will prepare in the unlikely event that he, or anyone else comes up with the goods. Good luck!
Think that you may have to have a wee nibble at your “humble pie” 😉.
See #17.

tem.
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 08:02   #19
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
See #17.

tem.
Earlier Volvo models did have 'voice training'. I had to go through a 'training' process for my V50 to respond to my voice commands. There is no such process for my V60. It just understands my commands, if and when I can remember which commands to use!
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 08:07   #20
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
See #17.

tem.
That’s not the current model[s]. Totally different vehicles. Try again.