Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Insurance costs for XC90 T8

Views : 903

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 23:10   #1
DavieM46

Default Insurance costs for XC90 T8

I get my new T8 Incription Pro next month and was wondering if anyone has seen an increase in Insurance costs? I got a quote back in February however due to a mistake by my dealer with the spec of the car, the wrong one arrived. I had to reorder the car again and it has now arrived at the dealer.
I contacted the insurance company again only to find out the the quote has now more than doubled. My details have not changed, no more mileage, no claims and no convictions. The only change is the month i’m getting the car.
DavieM46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 00:00   #2
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieM46 View Post
I get my new T8 Incription Pro next month and was wondering if anyone has seen an increase in Insurance costs? I got a quote back in February however due to a mistake by my dealer with the spec of the car, the wrong one arrived. I had to reorder the car again and it has now arrived at the dealer.
I contacted the insurance company again only to find out the the quote has now more than doubled. My details have not changed, no more mileage, no claims and no convictions. The only change is the month i’m getting the car.
I have an XC60 T5 on order and I expect to have to go through the haggle process to get a good price. I do it every year at renewal anyway. Typically the quote goes up by £150 and I beat them down by about £145. This year I actually haggled to £8 less than last year. I do the usual thing of 'Oh thats a massive increase. Before I look elsewhere what's the very best price you can do?' If I don't get what I want, I ring off and ring back later to get someone else.

I would never ever let an insurance policy go on auto-renew. They just rob you.
macklij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 00:20   #3
DavieM46

I have tried that, I rang around quite a few today. The only one that is coming back with what I think is a reasonable quote is the company named after a famous Prime Minister (not sure if you are allowed to put company names on this forum). The only issue is they need a tracker on the car. I did tell them about the “Volvo On Call” system that is fitted however after some more digging I don’t think it is recognise
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 00:32   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
I have tried that, I rang around quite a few today. The only one that is coming back with what I think is a reasonable quote is the company named after a famous Prime Minister (not sure if you are allowed to put company names on this forum). The only issue is they need a tracker on the car. I did tell them about the “Volvo On Call” system that is fitted however after some more digging I don’t think it is recognise
Have you rang LV for a quotation?
They are the original Volvo Insurance company and many forum members find them very competitive if not often the lowest of the “majors”.
You do not normally find them on price comparison sites and have to go direct.
Old Aug 23rd, 2018, 11:42   #5
DavieM46

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Have you rang LV for a quotation?
They are the original Volvo Insurance company and many forum members find them very competitive if not often the lowest of the “majors”.
You do not normally find them on price comparison sites and have to go direct.
Thanks for that, I did try them and they were a lot less, however they needed a tracker fitted. I did tell them that it was fitted with Volvo’s “on call” but this is not recognized. Cheapest price so far for a cat5/6 tracker £600 then ongoing subscription costs of £199. I have contacted Volvo Uk to ask what type of system is fitted and if I was to fit a tracker would that have any conflict with what is fitted or warranty issues. I’m waiting for a reply.
Old Aug 24th, 2018, 17:12   #6
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 18:22   #7
DavieM46

Hi Dan, thanks for the post. Did try and send you an PM however I received a message telling me that I cannot send a PM has I need 30 posts.
Is there another way of contacting you.
Davie
Old Aug 28th, 2018, 10:29   #8
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Hi Dan, thanks for the post. Did try and send you an PM however I received a message telling me that I cannot send a PM has I need 30 posts.
Is there another way of contacting you.
Davie
Hi Davie,

Thanks for the message and are you currently insured through Adrian Flux?

If you are in need of a quotation the best thing to do is contact us on the club Freephone: 0800 916 1288.

Thanks.

Dan
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2018, 12:24   #9
P4

Slightly off topic; I have recently received my renewal quote for two cars I have on a classic policy - an 80% increase! I rang them to see if they could justify their quote and all I got was the usual flannel of excuses. Now, despite me telling them over the phone not to contact me again, I'm getting the irritating phone calls daily.

Unfortunately insurance companies are a necessary evil.
P4 is offline   Reply With Quote