Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking at coming back in a C70! couple of questions :)

Views : 219

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 13th, 2021, 14:34   #1
pistolpete

Default Looking at coming back in a C70! couple of questions :)

Hi People
hope everyone is well.

So i am looking at coming back to T5 ownership..
My previous Volvo cars are
2000 C70 T5 GT auto (orange)
1999 v70 T5 Auto (dark grey)
1999 C70 T5 (manual, I think it was a auto but the wife says I'm wrong, and she is normally right, i can't remember)

I currently have an MR2 MK3 as Track only Sprint car.
Also a Freelander 2 as a tow car, and the wife has a 1.0T Picanto (cool little thing), i have access, but not mine, to a mk3 mr2 road car.

I am missing the "road car" I am a massive petrol head, but my funds for purchasing are limited currently (the wife can't work anymore). I want something I can daily, play with, do up, and i really miss that 5cly noise, I had a very loud focus ST, I am a 40Yr old Yob at heart The c70 ticks a lot of boxes and a great bang for buck car, even if the wife hates the smell of a volvo
I also want to be able to use it for a few family duties, even caffaine and machine type events, i do not have a car i feel i can take to these.

Anyway, I digress, I have spied a W reg C70 t5, mechanically its lovely, drives great, has been sat around, not used much over the past year. cosmetically it needs attention. So a few bits hoping you guys might be able to help with

1) Rear foot well wet after a lot of rain :- is there a normal location the leaks and lets water in?
2) the drivers door has "dropped", are they adjustable, or something that wears that can be replaced?
3) exhaust, Any recommendations where to a get a good one without spending silly money.

Anything mechanical doesn't bother me as I do all my own work.
I haven't purchased yet but i am very temped. i will also have to get it mapped

It's black is the paint code easy enough to get hold off, it needs lots of touch up and a sill painting.

thanks
Pete
pistolpete is offline   Reply With Quote