Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo XC70 Silver 2006

Views : 1647

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 16th, 2023, 12:14   #1
Micdaw

Default Volvo XC70 Silver 2006

Testing the water to see if there is any interest. Only looking as potentially looking at an older Volvo. The price was based on others I have seen for sale with similar mileage and condition. More than happy to hear other views on the price.

Price: £6500

Volvo xc70 silver
Black leather interior
Dog guard
Load cover
Snow trays so carpets are in great condition
93309 miles (will increase as it’s in use)
Purchased in Aug 21
Mot Oct 23
Cambelt and water pump changed at 68k
Fitted with tow bar, only used for bikes by myself

Full ‘limo’ privacy tints in passenger and rear windows
Sony 3005db CarPlay / android stereo
4 raydot lights fitted to the front with separate switch.
Currently has vinyl fitted on the dash and around the shifter, this can easily be removed if not to taste.

No expense has been spared in maintaining the vehicle.
as well as standard consumables in my ownership it has had new:
Pirelli Scorpion tyres
Prop shaft
Boost pressure housing
Turbo actuator
Near side drive shaft

Last few photos show the bad bits of the body work, which I think is minimal. Car is based 5 minutes from M1 J25

For some reason I can't get images to upload, I'll try to remedy but in the meantime here is a link to the ad on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6768005481653/

Photos added to google bucket
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qciq8g4bS3XdQ6m19

Last edited by Micdaw; May 16th, 2023 at 15:04.
Micdaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2023, 15:39   #2
kalstras
Volvo for life

Car looks beautiful. I too am attempting to sell mine. 55plate and 75k original miles. Same spec. 2.5l turbo VROOM
Old Jun 19th, 2023, 10:46   #3
ectoplasmosis

Is this a Japanese import?

The rust on the top edge of the door looks pretty bad…
ectoplasmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2023, 14:37   #4
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

In all fairness looking at the photos of the car it appears that you couldn't be bothered to even clean it prior to taking them. Not a good sales tactic.

If I was looking for one I wouldn't even read the description of yours because the photos would have made me bypass it

You are asking extremely strong money for a 17 year old car and it certainly doesn't look loved even though it may actually in reality be a very good car.

Honestly I'm not trying to be clever or having a go and I sincerely wish you luck with the sale but you have put yourself on the backfoot right from the start visually.

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2023, 14:12   #5
jaiscossie

Absolute mad price, should be around £2500-£3000 for that car.
jaiscossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2023, 07:16   #6
daveystoat

That looks like it has potential to be really nice, it's low mileage and well maintained.
However, in the spirit of constructive criticism, a few things could easily be done to make it more saleable.

All the stickers look terrible, especially those on the interior. Removing them would increase the appeal hugely.
Treat the rust on the door with rust killer then paint, it would look lots better for little outlay
Give it a good valet.
£6500 is crazy money even at a dealer. £3000-£3500 with the cosmetics sorted would be realistic, maybe a little more to the right buyer because of the low mileage.

I hope this helps - good luck with the sale.
daveystoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2023, 17:36   #7
myfirstv70

Feel free to correct me but I believe you posted the following when selling your XC90 in December 2022.....

'Excuse my irritation, but there are few things more annoying than people offering their unsolicited opinion on for sale threads. If you aren't interested in buying, just ignore the post'.

I also recall you having a few ****y outbursts on the very subject.....seems somewhat hypocritical does it not? That is unless, of course, the seller asked you for your critique? I look forward to your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveystoat View Post
That looks like it has potential to be really nice, it's low mileage and well maintained.
However, in the spirit of constructive criticism, a few things could easily be done to make it more saleable.

All the stickers look terrible, especially those on the interior. Removing them would increase the appeal hugely.
Treat the rust on the door with rust killer then paint, it would look lots better for little outlay
Give it a good valet.
£6500 is crazy money even at a dealer. £3000-£3500 with the cosmetics sorted would be realistic, maybe a little more to the right buyer because of the low mileage.

I hope this helps - good luck with the sale.
myfirstv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2023, 23:26   #8
V70roma

Not sure of all the history but the original poster does state "More than happy to hear other views on the price" so to be fair to daveystoat his views and the views of others are not unsolicited .
V70roma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to V70roma For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 31st, 2023, 08:39   #9
daveystoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstv70 View Post
Feel free to correct me but I believe you posted the following when selling your XC90 in December 2022.....

'Excuse my irritation, but there are few things more annoying than people offering their unsolicited opinion on for sale threads. If you aren't interested in buying, just ignore the post'.

I also recall you having a few ****y outbursts on the very subject.....seems somewhat hypocritical does it not? That is unless, of course, the seller asked you for your critique? I look forward to your reply.
As was pointed out above, the seller asked for opinions. On my for sale post (it was an XC70, not an XC90, by the way), I didn't, but got them anyway from people who were talking nonsense, and who went about it is the wrong way, making unhelpful and unjustified criticisms and aggressively saying that I was asking too much money. I wasn't, in the end I got pretty close to the asking price, and more than I was willing to accept, from the first person who came to have a look at it. My thread was not a discussion thread, though I was always happy to answer genuine questions from anyone with a serious interest. Because the seller asked for thoughts, it's fair enough to offer them.

The difference was, I was giving some constructive advice on specific points that would make a massive difference - the stickers on the interior look ridiculous and seriously reduce the appeal, and £6500 is preposterous money for it, around £3000 too much. The car advertised here could be made really nice with a little effort, and should sell (if it hasn't already) with a price reduction to a realistic level.

Also, I don't know what you mean by "****y outbursts". Irritable maybe, and I think with justification at some of them.

Last edited by daveystoat; Jul 31st, 2023 at 08:50.
daveystoat is offline   Reply With Quote