Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1994 945 TDic

Views : 4246

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 6th, 2008, 18:41   #11
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_angelo View Post
PLEASE BUY DAVID'S 945!!!

She used to be mine and we bought her for the sole purpose of driving to ROME in Italy and back. She is a darn good car and really comfortable!!

I like what you have done with the dash lights David - looks cool!

Jono
hey you how are things Jono?

And what about the new wheels and new blacked out grill ???? Car is still running like a dream and Jim 760 is seriously peed off that i am selling her sadly being out of funds ATM he has a wee problem and with the present state of the nations finances i am not into a sub prime buyer GIGGLES only kidding Jim. Just got a big ££££'s quote to fix the 855 so this car must go either that or i break the 855 and keep this baby - breaking my 855 would break my heart i think but things are getting silly CARS!!!!!!

regards

David
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 00:07   #12
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotspower View Post
Hi i may indeed be interested in the old girl myself... Tho i have ben looking for a TD a little newer than this. With these miles on her what mpg are you still getting out of her.

Can you please PM me with a contact number and any more details, particularly around what servicing has been done. Im based in Stirling so not a million miles away and dependant on what you reply i would like to come and view her this week if possible.
If you don't want the extra wheels buy them and I'll have them off you. I have a meeting in Falkirk latter this month and could collect them.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 10:53   #13
Jonathan_angelo
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM48 View Post
hey you how are things Jono?

And what about the new wheels and new blacked out grill ???? Car is still running like a dream and Jim 760 is seriously peed off that i am selling her sadly being out of funds ATM he has a wee problem and with the present state of the nations finances i am not into a sub prime buyer GIGGLES only kidding Jim. Just got a big ££££'s quote to fix the 855 so this car must go either that or i break the 855 and keep this baby - breaking my 855 would break my heart i think but things are getting silly CARS!!!!!!

regards

David

I like what you have done with the old girl - she certainly is wearing her miles well!! I hope she has been as good to you as she was to us on our 3000miles stint around europe in just under 7 days!!

Its about time you got your 855 back!

I took mine off the road in March and bought a 2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso Exclusive 2.0HDi. It was bloody awfull! I had to spend £nearly £500 on the engine for the MOT then the power steering rack ram went so that was another £150 for a salvage part and labour.

Luckily i have now sold the citroen (never again) and im back to my 850!

Fingers crossed i will be getting an 855 T5 CD in the next few weeks. The chap that is selling it has done a toal engine rebuilt, all new genuine suspension and performance brakes. He's also chipped it. It seems to want for nothing, so im hoping that i'll get my hands on it soon although no garantee as he forgot that i wanted it and offered it to someone else! Oh well.

I wish i could afford an S60 D5!! Maybe soon?
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 13:37   #14
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_angelo View Post
I like what you have done with the old girl - she certainly is wearing her miles well!! I hope she has been as good to you as she was to us on our 3000miles stint around europe in just under 7 days!!

Its about time you got your 855 back!

I took mine off the road in March and bought a 2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso Exclusive 2.0HDi. It was bloody awfull! I had to spend £nearly £500 on the engine for the MOT then the power steering rack ram went so that was another £150 for a salvage part and labour.

Luckily i have now sold the citroen (never again) and im back to my 850!

Fingers crossed i will be getting an 855 T5 CD in the next few weeks. The chap that is selling it has done a toal engine rebuilt, all new genuine suspension and performance brakes. He's also chipped it. It seems to want for nothing, so im hoping that i'll get my hands on it soon although no garantee as he forgot that i wanted it and offered it to someone else! Oh well.

I wish i could afford an S60 D5!! Maybe soon?

She truly is an amazing car - a lovely and genuine rather nice 945 TD ic - can i ask a question - did you tweak the vacuum fuelling setting to give her a bit more go? Why i ask is that when you give her some serious welly like when some wee boy is up your ass tailgating you in a all noise and no go Saxo they disappear in a BIG CLOUD of Black Smoke a sure sign that she is running a wee bit <sik> rich.

MORE Pictures taken a few hours ago - the white dots in some of the pictures are rain drops (well it is Scotland) illuminated by the flash.

The 855 is going to cost another pile of dosh to fix the engine and i dont really know if i should just call a halt to spending more money on this car even though i do love her and it too is amazing i could give you some truly unbelievable journey times with her that would make your hair stand on end but i wont of course not here and not online either. IF the 945 sells quickly i probably will repair the 855 rather than break her or sell her for real cheap To my mind she seems to have a burnt or bent valve so its head off time and then really if i want to keep her as my long term runabout/daily driver/load lugger it sounds like a total engine overhaul GRRRRRR I was fancying an 855 T5 and i was offered one of the first T5R's the other week for not a lot of money in Yellow of course but every panel was a different colour - thank god i resisted the temptation - i have of course got the SL500 when i want to enjoy driving for drivings sake and that truly is an awesome car.

kindest regards
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 18:47   #15
guitarcarfanatic

Is there any MOT on the car?
guitarcarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 09:25   #16
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarcarfanatic View Post
Is there any MOT on the car?
NOT at the moment i just discovered that it ran out a while ago OOOPS hope to get it MOT'ed this week I dont see any problem with it passing apart from the Horns and the fact that i moved the insurance to my 855 so cant drive it ATM for a MOT. I think the P/O had some fun on his Rome and Home trip and put a set of musical air horns on her - obviously a quiet retiring type - so i need to change them as i dont think they are UK legal.

regards

David
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 19:02   #17
Mark480
Loser

What do you get to the gallon from this? Running round town and on a long run?
Mark480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 22:26   #18
DLM48
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark480 View Post
What do you get to the gallon from this? Running round town and on a long run?
Truly no idea i think i got around 35 MPG on its run up from Norwich i was driving it very sanely and was hoping for 40 MPG or more i think that was wishful thinking - my real drive for economical motoring was using SVO sadly SVO is not ultra cheap any more.

regards

David
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 10:37   #19
Mark480
Loser

Hi David,

Have you fitted a heater for use with SVO?
Mark480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 23:34   #20
DLM48
Master Member

Nope read my posts on the diesel forum 80/20 SVO/PD in summer 50/50 SVO/PD in winter totally no problems. That said i think a heater or two would be a system 'improvement' a heated filter STD on the Fiat Punto SX TD ex scrap yard and a new water/fuel heat exchanger - lots of good stuff on the diesel forum this was going really well then the site went off the air and i think we all sorta lost interest in continuing to post. BUT these would only active after about 5/10 minutes of running and 'the problem' area is 'supposed to be' - lots of theoretical crap talked here' cold starting. The BIG expensive fix is a twin tank system starting AND stopping on PD BUT running on SVO/Clean WVO - once the engine has reached running temperature - The Ellsbert System being a good solution.

To get back onto this thread the car is off the market ATM unless someone twists my arm big time and comes up with the £650/£800 very very soon.

YOU ARE a very naughty boy winding people up with these alloy wheels for sale....OR NOT as the case really was

Regards

David

Last edited by DLM48; Oct 12th, 2008 at 23:40.