Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Slow T8 charging

Views : 4761

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2023, 11:50   #21
EasyTiger75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyfocus View Post
Thanks Easy Tiger. That would make sense, although I’ve tried it at a Shell Re-charge, and a motorway charge point, both capable of 22kw, so I assume 3 phase built in cable coming from charger, and still only getting a low charge. Do let me know what happens with the phase you have at work though. Can you buy a 3phase cable? It’s a good thought..
OK so I have tested with both the single phase type 2 cable supplied with the vehicle and a separate 3 phase type 2 cable both connected to a 22kW 3 phase chargepoint and the result is the same - maximum charge limit of 3.2kW.

Perhaps the 6.4kW '2-phase' onboard charger which is referenced on the website only applies to XC60 MY2024 which haven't been manufactured yet? The online manual for 'Late 2023' specifically mentions a maximum charge limit of 3.2kW

Last edited by EasyTiger75; Mar 15th, 2023 at 11:55.
EasyTiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2023, 18:22   #22
Mattyfocus

Hey Easy. Nah, Volvo have confirmed that the ‘23 plate xc90 should be 6.4. And a lot of the reviews for the car also state 6.4. As does the main specification page on the Volvo website. They’ve either fitted the wrong ones in, or they’ve told a porkie to a lot of people
Mattyfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2023, 20:10   #23
negTneg

Default 23MY vs 24MY

@mattyfocus I think the Volvo website shows the details for the 24MY cars - they're available to order, and have been for a while, but the first 24MY cars won't be delivered until later this year (probably starting July). Anything delivered before then will be a 23MY car, and they come with a 3.7kW charger, single phase, 16A charger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF1gMQ4GAAw

Last edited by negTneg; Mar 16th, 2023 at 20:18. Reason: Added like to Youtube video
negTneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2023, 16:57   #24
Resco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyfocus View Post
Will do SS Smith, it’s going to be a few weeks before I get to drop the car off at the dealer. But my local dealer (Bristol) has confirmed that it should be charging at 6.4. Sales manager was helpful at least..
Hi I have a 2023 XC60 T8 Hybrid and I have the same issue in determining if my car is indeed fitted with the 6.4 OBC. I have just bought the car and it was first registered 29/06/2023 according to the volvo website charging times info for a 2024 (23W17) car, if that is mine, does have the 6.4 OBC but my charging times do not reflect this.
Did you get a final resolution to the issue with your car.
Resco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2023, 15:51   #25
DaveWalters

I have a new V90 Recharge - found this in the manual with respect to charging rates. I only have single phase electricity supply at home so am limited to 3.6kWh rate (which is a pity as in 4 hours cheap overnight electricity I don't quite fill the battery!). If you have a two or three-phase supply (which most UK homes do not have), then it appears that you can go up to 6.4kW https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...801516eae467a#
DaveWalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2024, 07:33   #26
Xrayvision

My T8 hybrid charges off the engine on the road but the charging cable doesn’t work - even my 3 phase charger failed. Service said it might be the high voltage thermostat but I have to wait for weeks for a part from Sweden! Then after I have had that installed they can then check if it is something else as well. I might as well have bought a petrol only model instead of this hybrid. Anyone else have this problem?
Xrayvision is offline   Reply With Quote