Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 wanted

Views : 3644

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 25th, 2017, 09:21   #21
olly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
...I'm sorry if I've lead you up the garden path a bit, and like I've said previously I would love to get more money for my PX, but I don't want what can be a hassle selling privately.
Not at all - 2 of of the 3 I've missed the seller wasn't replacing the car. The D4 I really wanted (in hindsight) I'm a bit surprised they were selling privately as they were getting a brand new XC90 to replace it although they had a second car they could use in the interim so wanted to make that bit extra. In their case, selling at £19k vs probably £18k trade in is not to be sniffed at but £1k against the backdrop of what....a £55k XC90 ?? ....is unusual (damn it!)
olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2017, 14:02   #22
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly View Post
Not at all - 2 of of the 3 I've missed the seller wasn't replacing the car. The D4 I really wanted (in hindsight) I'm a bit surprised they were selling privately as they were getting a brand new XC90 to replace it although they had a second car they could use in the interim so wanted to make that bit extra. In their case, selling at £19k vs probably £18k trade in is not to be sniffed at but £1k against the backdrop of what....a £55k XC90 ?? ....is unusual (damn it!)
I've got a 2nd car, but it's not practical for every day use. I agree with you about the trade in against an expensive vehicle, a grand is hardly going to change your life if you can afford to spend 55k.
Old Aug 6th, 2017, 22:03   #23
Considered1
Premier Member

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...dr-nav/7526582

Saw this on Pistonheads. Has a lot of what you might be looking for. its D5 awd Polestar so that wont arf shift..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2017, 16:43   #24
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly View Post
I wish they did R Design with the option of removing the "sports" suspension. I think quite a few people would have chosen that. I really like the R Design seats but I'm told the difference in ride due to the suspension is quite significant I'd I'd like to do all I can so as not to feel the potholes.

Wheels are again down to personal preference. I'm not a huge fan of diamond cut styles since as soon as they're damaged there's not much you can do to save them except go for a solid colour. The lacquer never seems to last on a refurbishment and it's more expensive to do. Having said that - the 20 inch wheels on the D5 on Piston Heads do look pretty cool That seems quite a fair price for a car from a dealer. I've kind of got my heart set on a 2 litre 8 speed though for the economy and smoothness without too much drop in performance.
Hi Olly, if you can find an SE Lux with the Four C Chassis option you can set the suspension settings to your liking. Hopefully Nigel will be along to give some feedback as I know he has it. Only available on SE Lux I believe.

If you havent had a test in all the various models for the seats/ride I would strongly suggest this to help you decide. I know some have said 20 inch wheels can be another step too far but always depends on what you are used to or comming from.
Old Aug 7th, 2017, 17:02   #25
olly

I've driven a 20 inch wheel non-Design R D5 and felt the body roll was fine given the size of the car. Also driven an 18 inch wheeled D5 - it wasn't back to back but I could def feel more of the holes in the road on the 20 inch wheeled car than I'd like to.

Both were 5 gear autos and seemed ok....but not as good as the modern Honda CRV I tried earlier that day.

Not tried a D4 8 speed auto (which I prob should given that's the one I want)....or an R Design - though have sat in one and def prefer the seats in all leather.

I drive a Merc CLK now with the sports suspension option and quite worn bushes on 18inch lowish profile tyres and it's horrible on bad surfaces. If you hit a speed bump or pothole a bit too fast you wonder if you've broken something.
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 09:19   #26
olly

This car has just been added to AutoTrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...01708118236698

The Regit website describes the car based on its number plate as Volvo XC60 5Dr SUV 2.0 D4 DPF SS 181 EU6 SE Lux Nav GTron Auto8. First registered 13/02/2014

I'm wondering when the 8 speed boxes were introduced please?

It doesn't state what extras there are (some I'm assuming none) but £17000 is less than I'd expect a dealer to be pricing the car at....thoughts please?
Old Aug 11th, 2017, 19:54   #27
Considered1
Premier Member

Hi Olly, it's a basic r design and prob no options but does have sat nav.
They seem to have a lot of XC60's so maybe fairly priced but lower due to so many. Great opportunity for you to try the different models.
In terms of questions I'd want to know the EGR value issue has had the final Volvo fix - £800 job.
Old Aug 30th, 2017, 23:24   #28
Considered1
Premier Member

Olly, just wondering if you got to test any cars, XC60 still on your radar?
best regards
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 08:24   #29
olly

Hi,
I didn't go to the Car Giant place in London yet but I did drive a local 5 speed D5 R Design to see whether the firmer suspension would be an issue for me and it's not.
So yes, still looking. Just got to be patient I guess.

Your new car putting a big smile on your face then ?
Cheers Olly
Old Aug 31st, 2017, 12:22   #30
Considered1
Premier Member

Great thanks but then the Volvo did too, every time I drove it!
Is a 5 speed Manual? I know the auto's had 6, not sure about manual?

There seems to be loads out there so you should have your pick.

I did notice on Autotrader that either some folks/dealers dont know what they have got or they just lie. Several claimed to have Driver Support Pack but no black plate on the front grille and only 2 lens things in the windscreen instead of 3. Someone also copied my advert almost word for word, even with CARE: and then obviously deleted the next sentence which I referred to the EGR fix..which clearly he hadnt had done!