Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Spotted 240s

Views : 445604

Replies : 813

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 1st, 2017, 14:13   #721
rtbcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtee View Post
Nope, not the 240. I had a dark blue 144 for a few years previously. Often had quite a lot in the boot of that!
Maybe that was it - going back 2 or 3 years
rtbcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2017, 16:57   #722
Triple-S
How Old?

Interesting pair of 240 estates inland from the south coast yesterday, both sort of off-the-road I guess.
H882AFG white GL on a trailer just off the A24 in Findon, near Worthing: sad to say I reckon for banger-racing as the OS rear wheel arch had been angle-ground away. Later saw a grey GLT A333DJM on the verge outside some houses along a narrow road in Sompting (a few miles from the first one seen).
Both have interesting histories when looking at the Gov.uk website: the former failed MoT due corrosion last year and that site can't say when last taxed whereas the latter isn't even listed! Is that site cracking up or have both been removed from the DVLA active file?

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 12:31   #723
Triple-S
How Old?

Another 240 estate - is the south a haven for them?
Yesterday I was overtaken (! - whilst cruising in my 740) south along the A24 near Horsham when a car transporter drove past carrying a blue estate. It had no rear number plate but looked like an early/mid-80s DL to me, and I saw the ns front wing was damaged when passing whilst he waited to turn west along the A272. Another for banger-racing I fear.

P
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 19:02   #724
Triple-S
How Old?

Another day another Volvo 240. This time a bootiful beige saloon outside a restaurant on the A24 at Mickleham, at lunchtime today.
It was gone by the time I returned (2 hours later) so know it works.

P
Old Jun 24th, 2017, 14:59   #725
Triple-S
How Old?

Yesterday 23rd on road leading to the south coast in Rustington, a white GL saloon firstly driving towards town then an hour later driving back south. A senior driver, car looked in decent nick, sounded like a manual. I was parked in my blue 240 estate walking to and from town with my son.
Yep - tis true, Sussex IS the capital of 240-land as we know it.

P
Old Jul 22nd, 2017, 16:11   #726
Triple-S
How Old?

Went to a soaking Ripley car show today and nearly collided with an identical-to-mine 240 estate on a narrow blind bend. It was along the rural lane going from East Horsley towards Ranmore in Surrey. Non Volvo-drivers would have hit I reckon. This was a late (L-reg) blue one: if you are on here mine was the older one with the roof rack.
Incidentally I gather from all the notices that on Sunday July 30th that road will be completely closed because of some cycle race. I didn't think street racing however carried out could mean road closures for the locals. There are only a couple of turn-offs along several miles of lane, so how do the occupants of the many cottages along there get out that day?
At the show an E-reg 240GLT saloon managed to get in: I wouldn't have had the nerve to challenge what constitutes a classic car on the gate - mine was in the public car park opposite.

P
Old Aug 6th, 2017, 20:21   #727
Deinhardt

I've seen at least 4 in Loughborough over the last two weeks. A dark gloss blue GL estate, a white torslanda, a dark red/maroon estate and a silver GLT. Flashed at all of them excitedly from my 76' 244 but haven't got a response yet!
Deinhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2017, 17:32   #728
loki_the_glt
Torquemeister

Default Warrington

After last night's visit to the Bleeding Wolf, which produced a 240SE and a 244DL i saw a dark blue, G-plate saloon that was either a GLT or a lesser model fitted with Virgos heading down the A574 towards the A57 at about 13:30.

does anyone on here own it?

loki_the_glt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2017, 12:37   #729
loki_the_glt
Torquemeister

Default 244 in Chesterfield

It was a "Y"-plated 244GLE parked on the Top Road out of Chesterfield yesterday afternoon, yellow/gold with Corona(?) alloys.

And Bolsover seems to be the place for 945s; I clocked 3 of them in the town yesterday.

loki_the_glt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2017, 20:01   #730
morsing
Premier Member

Anyone from Here?

'70 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
'95 Saab 9000 CSE 2.0 Turbo Auto
morsing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morsing For This Useful Post: