Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2002 C70 T5 for sale

Views : 1712

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 9th, 2017, 11:56   #1
pompeyjohnboy

Default 2002 C70 T5 for sale

Reluctantly putting my C70 up for sale, so thought I'd offer it to my fellow Volvo enthusiasts first before I put it on eBay

02 reg (first registered April 2002) T5 automatic.
Black with black roof (roof opens and closes fine)
Cream leather
premium audio system (the one with Dolby Prologic, centre speaker on dash, etc)
low mileage for year (less than 76k)
ice cold aircon

The car has a few issues, an intermittent EML which the code reader is saying is an injector fault on no.4, and a noisy wheel bearing, but it's way too good to break and with a little bit of TLC will make a lovely car for someone to enjoy this lovely weather

MOT will expire on 10th August 2017.
Car is currently SORN

With these issues in mind, I'm looking for £750 but open to sensible offers. Sorry no trades or swaps please

Last edited by pompeyjohnboy; Jul 9th, 2017 at 12:52.
pompeyjohnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pompeyjohnboy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2017, 19:53   #2
L7DDO

His, has this sold at all???

Cheers
L7DDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2017, 14:20   #3
pompeyjohnboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L7DDO View Post
His, has this sold at all???

Cheers
Nope, not even had a single enquiry as yet!
Old Jul 13th, 2017, 22:36   #4
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyjohnboy View Post
Nope, not even had a single enquiry as yet!
John, interested in your car but it a long way for me to go. Is the roof OK? your second picture looks as if it is puckered up somehow. Would I be able to drive it up to central Scotland OK with the faults you mentioned?
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2017, 06:24   #5
pompeyjohnboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
John, interested in your car but it a long way for me to go. Is the roof OK? your second picture looks as if it is puckered up somehow. Would I be able to drive it up to central Scotland OK with the faults you mentioned?
The roof mechanism works fine, but there is a bit of wear on the fabric from where it rubs when it retracts under the tonneau cover..... a very common problem. Bear in mind this is a 15 year old car! I can confirm the roof is definitely watertight and doesn't leak. If you want, I can take some more pics of the roof later

Up until very recently I was using the car daily and did a few longish runs (2-300 miles) but not as far as your trip. The car should be fine, but when the orange light comes on it will lose some power, but will definitely still cruise at 70 ok. I would of course recommend you had breakdown cover "just in case"
Old Jul 15th, 2017, 22:33   #6
Dibble
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyjohnboy View Post
The roof mechanism works fine, but there is a bit of wear on the fabric from where it rubs when it retracts under the tonneau cover..... a very common problem. Bear in mind this is a 15 year old car! I can confirm the roof is definitely watertight and doesn't leak. If you want, I can take some more pics of the roof later

Up until very recently I was using the car daily and did a few longish runs (2-300 miles) but not as far as your trip. The car should be fine, but when the orange light comes on it will lose some power, but will definitely still cruise at 70 ok. I would of course recommend you had breakdown cover "just in case"
Hi John, finally found your Post again. I have decided, in view of the distance involved, not to proceed with the purchase of your car. There is another one about 40 miles from me so that would probably be the sensible thing to do. I am sure you will manage to sell her.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dibble For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 22nd, 2017, 20:53   #7
pompeyjohnboy

It seems photobucket has decided to block my pics unless I pay them 400USD per year! So, I've tried uploading them to my gallery if anyone is still interested in buying this car

My C70

Seeing as I've received very little interest so far, what would you guys suggest as an appropriate price?
The Following User Says Thank You to pompeyjohnboy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 23rd, 2017, 11:25   #8
740T
Master Member

I've just looked at your photos and read the ad. I don't think it badly priced, your saying 750 ono, so buyers know there is room for negotiation. Where are you advertising it? I'd stick an advert on car and classic and pistonheads.

What won't help the ad is the car being off the road, for instance if I was interested coming down from Glasgow, I'd need to test drive it before buying it, especially with the eml and wheel bearing issue. (The fact you've been honest and upfront about those is good though)

Hopefully that's some constructive feedback

GLWTS
Cheers,
C
740T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 740T For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2017, 21:09   #9
pompeyjohnboy

Due to lack of finances, I really can't afford to run 2 cars any more, hence the reason why the Volvo is now SORN.

I really need to sell it ASAP, so prepared to let her go for £650 ovno
Old Aug 1st, 2017, 09:03   #10
frazz
Master Member

Smile

Hi fella, cannot believe no one has taken this off your hands? tbh though, been watching quite a few motors, they all seem to be dropping in price drastically,,i'm trying to sell my car atm and there is little to no-interest at all,,fortunately I'm not in a desperate need for the funds,,those sellers who are must be tearing their hair out?,,good luck nd hope you get somebody interested shortly,,,
frazz is offline   Reply With Quote