Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 Sports Edition Turbo (HPT) - Glasgow

Views : 875

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2017, 21:28   #1
Neilly

Default 940 Sports Edition Turbo (HPT) - Glasgow

Edit *Deposit taken now taken*

As per my post earlier today, I am advertising the car on behalf of my dad.

The car is a 96 (N plate) 940 Sports edition Turbo (HPT)
Mileage - 97,625
Engine - 2.3 High pressure turbo 165hp
Colour - Maroon
Gearbox - 5 speed manual
Fuel - Petrol
Tax - SORN'ed
No MOT as of March 2017

Body work: Unfortunately the offside has seen better days as the rot has set in on both the front and rear arches as you can see in the photos. The nearside has not suffered the same fate. the remainder of the bodywork is in fair condition with the normal wear for its age.

The chassis and underside of the car is solid

Interior- Full leather interior which genuinely is in excellent condition, with heated seats in full working order. The door cars have the normal wrinkling where they meet the windows.

Original engine & gearbox with genuine mileage. My dad has owned the car since it was 3 years old and it has never missed a beat. New radiator fitted at 88,074 miles (2013).

The car has all 5 of the original sought after 16" Galaxy wheels. These were powder coated in 2010 and are still in great condition. Not a single dent or hint of Kerb rash. The only issue is slight bubbling at the valves on some of the wheels. I have included pictures of every wheel.

Unfortunately I do not have the time or space for the car as originally planned and due to health reasons, the car is no longer suitable for my dad as a daily driver hence why it was not put through another MOT. The car runs and drives great. The Advisories on the last MOT (23/03/16) are as follows:

- Play in rack ends
- Macpherson strut has slight movement in the upper support bearing assembly front (both)
- Rear wheel bearing has slight play nearside rear
- Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases rear (@joint)

We have all the MOT certificates and receipts for all the work carried out during my dads ownership.

I do not have the time or space to break the car, nor would I want to due to the condition, mileage and spec of the car (with exception to the offside panels). We would much rather the car went to an enthusiast and see it back on the road again.

Asking £500, and it would have to be collected.

If you are interested then send me a PM. As this is my first post on here I dont think I am able to reply to PM's, so include an email address and/or phone number. My dad or myself are more than happy to answer any questions over the phone

We will both hate to see this car go as we are both Volvo enthusiasts. However, the time is not right for me to take it over so I really hope to see it go to a good home.

Cheers, Neil

[/IMG]
[IMG]

[URL=http://s1307.photobucket.com/user/Neilly89/media/12_zpso4bjzqkv.jpg.html][/URL

Last edited by Neilly; Aug 2nd, 2017 at 00:10.
Neilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2017, 23:29   #2
Roverdaftrich

Tried to PM you but have not posted enough myself

My e-mail richieclark@blueyonder.co.uk

Very interested in the car I,m west side Edinburgh can pick up this week

Regards
Richie
Roverdaftrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2017, 00:08   #3
Neilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverdaftrich View Post
Tried to PM you but have not posted enough myself

My e-mail richieclark@blueyonder.co.uk

Very interested in the car I,m west side Edinburgh can pick up this week

Regards
Richie
Hi Richie,

I am sorry, but a deposit has been taken and I only saw your post when I came to write this. however, I have emailed you.

cheers, Neil
The Following User Says Thank You to Neilly For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 2nd, 2017, 15:33   #4
middleman

Didn't expect this would hang about long. Cheap car despite the rust.

More Questions Than Answers...???
middleman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to middleman For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 14th, 2017, 16:33   #5
Neilly

The car has now been sold and collected. Thanks for all the interest and I am happy to know it will be kept going for years to come!
The Following User Says Thank You to Neilly For This Useful Post: