Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New v Old XC60

Views : 3096

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2017, 11:50   #1
Maverick440

Default New v Old XC60

Just had to pop into the local dealer to pick up some touch up paint and was able to look around the New XC60.
First impressions were that I made the right choice going for the Old shape.
The leather on the New car has quite a distinct grain and feels a lower quality.
Driveing position not as comfortable
Centre console far to bulky
Plastic feels very plasticy.
Rear seats not as comfy
Netting to back of rear seats very cheap
Steering wheel not a comfortable.
Feels like there is less space inside.

All in all it confirmed I made the right decision as I love my 2017 XC60 R Design. The only thing it did confirm is that I'm going to retro fit the paddle shift steering wheel as there was New old shape XC60 in the showroom with the paddle shift wheel fitted.
Old Aug 12th, 2017, 18:21   #2
Bernard F

Can not say I agree with you on any of your points, in fact just the opposite. Both cars are excellent but the new XC60 is excellent plus in my view which is why I have one on order.
You do however have the record for being the first to dislike it I should think.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2017, 18:30   #3
Maverick440

Just my opinion. Be sad if we were all the same
Old Aug 12th, 2017, 18:47   #4
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick440 View Post
I agree it is a small version of the XC90 and looks and has a rather heavy bulbous front.
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2017, 18:51   #5
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick440 View Post
I do agree with you on this. I will go further. I don't like the netting on the seats either so perhaps I was a little harsh. Friends?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard F For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 12th, 2017, 20:08   #6
Chief inspector
Master Member

I don't like the shape myself and the leather I seen in a V90 recently looked a bit below my car, but I don't doubt the new car is better all round, maybe just not for me, I don't like the look of the XC90 either, so maybe not for me.

Do like the V90 though.
Old Aug 12th, 2017, 20:33   #7
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
I do agree with you on this. I will go further. I don't like the netting on the seats either so perhaps I was a little harsh. Friends?
The netting on the seats is very 'BMW' I think.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 08:54   #8
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

There are a few things on it where I think "why did they do that?" And there are others where I think "wow!" But in any event it is going to sell like hot cakes. Whilst I'm sure great effort has been spent to keep us Volvo drivers happy, the priority with this car is to break new markets I think.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tannaton For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 10:42   #9
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
Can not say I agree with you on any of your points, in fact just the opposite. Both cars are excellent but the new XC60 is excellent plus in my view which is why I have one on order.
You do however have the record for being the first to dislike it I should think.
I didn't notice the netting , but the interior just blew me away. The exterior looking similar to the current car is a plus, I also like the new grill on the Inscription, I just like the car full stop.So I too have one on order.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 11:49   #10
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
I didn't notice the netting , but the interior just blew me away. The exterior looking similar to the current car is a plus, I also like the new grill on the Inscription, I just like the car full stop.So I too have one on order.
I must confess it was my wife who told me after our first viewing, I had not noticed it because my initial reaction was as yours. I looked at it on the test drive a week later but it's not a deal breaker by any means. Before the test my head was telling me to wait a year, I only have 20,000 on my current XC60 but like you once sat in and driven all my senses left me and I cannot wait to get it. I must be getting stupid in my old age. Anyway who knows what the future holds let's enjoy it now I say.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bernard F For This Useful Post: