Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New v Old XC60

Views : 3100

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 13th, 2017, 12:43   #11
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard F View Post
I must confess it was my wife who told me after our first viewing, I had not noticed it because my initial reaction was as yours. I looked at it on the test drive a week later but it's not a deal breaker by any means. Before the test my head was telling me to wait a year, I only have 20,000 on my current XC60 but like you once sat in and driven all my senses left me and I cannot wait to get it. I must be getting stupid in my old age. Anyway who knows what the future holds let's enjoy it now I say.
As I always say your a long time dead.
If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't be buying it.
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 12:52   #12
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick440 View Post
Just had to pop into the local dealer to pick up some touch up paint and was able to look around the New XC60.
First impressions were that I made the right choice going for the Old shape.
The leather on the New car has quite a distinct grain and feels a lower quality.
Driveing position not as comfortable
Centre console far to bulky
Plastic feels very plasticy.
Rear seats not as comfy
Netting to back of rear seats very cheap
Steering wheel not a comfortable.
Feels like there is less space inside.

All in all it confirmed I made the right decision as I love my 2017 XC60 R Design. The only thing it did confirm is that I'm going to retro fit the paddle shift steering wheel as there was New old shape XC60 in the showroom with the paddle shift wheel fitted.
As a matter of interest, what version was it?
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 21:42   #13
wassap

To be honest, i'd be happy with the older XC60 with the thor lights and modern infotainment system, the older facelift XC60 is still a smart looking car, every thing is top notch on mine, apart fromt he infotainment feeling a little dated.
wassap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wassap For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 23:37   #14
bobby2000
VOC Member

One thing I will admit to not liking is the new positioning of the mirrors ,it seems the fashion to fit them directly to the door panel, in my opinion I think it looks cheap. I have learned to live with it with the 407 coupe, so guess I will with the XC60 as well.
Old Aug 18th, 2017, 22:17   #15
Xc60john
Xc60 Rdesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick440 View Post
Just my opinion. Be sad if we were all the same
I agree with you the rear window tilts up to much looks like an x3 the old shape looks bigger and better
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 09:56   #16
BEJ

I paid out for the flappy paddles, but have hardly ever used them. The 8 speed auto box is so good. Save your money, don't bother retro fitting.
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 10:43   #17
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEJ View Post
I paid out for the flappy paddles, but have hardly ever used them. The 8 speed auto box is so good. Save your money, don't bother retro fitting.
Could not agree more.
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 10:50   #18
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEJ View Post
My thoughts precisely. The XC isn't a boy racer car: IMHO, the paddles are a waste of money (& I paid for them as well!)

On the new one...some other simple things: I looked around one a couple of months back....the way the doors go to the ground, covering the sills, is smart - no more dirty backs of trousers getting out on a wet night! The handbrake in the right place.....the infotainment looks elegant and simple......wish I could mentally justify the cost (& tax, as the spec I'd want would list over £40k!)
I thought it looked a great improvement overall.....& I love my XC!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeIOW For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2017, 12:16   #19
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
My thoughts precisely. The XC isn't a boy racer car: IMHO, the paddles are a waste of money (& I paid for them as well!)

On the new one...some other simple things: I looked around one a couple of months back....the way the doors go to the ground, covering the sills, is smart - no more dirty backs of trousers getting out on a wet night! The handbrake in the right place.....the infotainment looks elegant and simple......wish I could mentally justify the cost (& tax, as the spec I'd want would list over £40k!)
I thought it looked a great improvement overall.....& I love my XC!
I agree with all of the above, a few small changes that should make all the difference.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobby2000 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 22nd, 2017, 09:41   #20
Considered1
Premier Member

I've only sat in a new one, not driven it so wouldn't comment unless I had.
Seats are very different so I'd want my usual extended test drive to make sure I could get comfy, but with the fully electric seats that move in every conceivable direction I wouldn't expect a problem.

With regards to the paddles on the old Model I did find mine got used if you need to get the best out of VEA's 8 speed box as it hangs on to gears just a bit too much when overtaking. The Polestar upgrade sorted that one perfectly so I've only needed paddles once since. Optimises the gearbox getting the very best out of it.
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post: