Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2001 Volvo V40 1.8i, SE Spares or Repair, £350, Oxford

Views : 746

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 22nd, 2020, 15:59   #1
theboymike

Default 2001 Volvo V40 1.8i, SE Spares or Repair, £350, Oxford

I'm selling my V40 1.8SE (GDI) for spares or repair following the cat being robbed by some utter scum; rendering it non-viable for me to fix at commercial rates.

Basics
- Genuine 81k miles
- MOT expires end of June

Good Bits
- New Bosch battery a couple of months ago (£120)
- Near-full tank of fuel (I'd guess about £60's worth)
- Full black leather interior with "walnut" trim in good nick; D/side bolster intact if a little worn
- Boot load cover in good nick and fully working
- Used (but recon.) throttle body about a year ago
- FSH until (I think) a few years ago
- Low emissions / "cheaper" tax (currently £200/yr)
- Good economy; typically 40-45 MPG on uncongested A-roads

Bad Bits
- Cat missing; front and middle boxes cut when it was nicked
- Headlamp wipers don't work
- Driver's door handle non-colour coded (after original broke)
- Driver's door lock operation intermittent
- Head lining saging
- Rear discs and pads need replacing
- Rear tyres on wear limit
- Rubber grommet around aerial missing

The car was my late father's and I'm loathe to get rid of it but it's not financially viable for me to get repaired. With used parts and a bit of time (if you have the facilities) it could make a good car again - being typically very reliable and good on fuel before the cat got nicked

Bodywork is pretty good; no dents; one shallow scrape on the rear p/side arch (not through paint), rear arches sound with no signs of corrosion, a couple of shallow scratches on the d/side rear quarter. Paint is OK but tbh hasn't been maintained well so has seen better days.

The interior is generally good; the worst being the sagging headlining. Seats are black leather and in good nick; the car having mostly done long journeys so wear is present on the driver's seat but not terrible. OEM floormats are fitted.

I think that's about all. I'm hoping that someone might buy the car to repair as I feel terrible for binning it tbh; although it would probably break for a decent amount if you have the ability.

I think the asking price is fair considering the mileage - I've been quoted £150 scrap value from a local yard, the GDI throttle bodies typically go for £100-150 used and the fuel present brings the value up to around the asking price.. This is before all the other decent saleable bits are taken into account.

The car currently starts and drives; it's noisy, slow and poor on fuel since it's running in limp mode, but could viably be driven home by the buyer (as long as it's not too far!).

Please drop me a PM if you're interested; the car's currently in Oxford but the V5 elsewhere (which I should be able to retrieve in the next week or two and could post on as necessary). I'll let this ad run for a while and am open to sensible offers, but if I get no takers I'll scrap the car having removed / sold what I can.

Thanks,

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0356_1.jpg (227.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0357_1.jpg (201.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0342_1.jpg (245.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0346.jpg (187.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0345.jpg (107.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0344.jpg (246.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0351.jpg (202.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0350.jpg (168.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0343.jpg (78.3 KB, 13 views)
theboymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 15:59   #2
theboymike

I now have the V5 and other documents in my possession, as well as the spare key..
theboymike is offline   Reply With Quote