Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOC Security Question

Views : 682

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2022, 14:46   #1
Chox

Default VOC Security Question

I have driven Volvos for about 30 years and absolutely love them. I have just purchased a 2018 V60 Insciption Pro and again - totally over the moon.

This is the first time however, that I have encountered Volvo On Call (VOC). I purchased my car from a non-Volvo dealership so it appears that they didn't reset the registered owner with VOC. I do have to say that the information provided by Volvo on this system is awful. It has taken me weeks of research to discover that this is a paid service. I have contacted my local Volvo dealership and they have very helpfully offered to reset the system and provide a two year subscription for £100.

My question for the forum is this: Given that the previous owner is effectively still the registered owner as far as Volvo is concerned, are they able to gain access to my vehicle? If their subscription is still active and I don't change this, will they get all the notifications from VOC such as service notifications etc.

Very confused!
Chox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chox For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 20:59   #2
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Sadly yes, the one benefit with buying from a Volvo dealer is they according to the one I bought from they wipe the previous owner off and if the old owner doesn't return the car with all the keys from a lease deal anyway they bill them £500 for a replacement and re-programming.

In addition to that the old owner if still reg'd to the car can see where it is as well.

Having said that VoC is 4 years from new so it should be transferred to any new owner within that period Foc, obviously yours is past that point, have a ring round as I'm sure you can get the app etc for £35 pa..

I would contact the dealer you bought from and find out who owned it and have them contact them to de-list the car in the app as "I no longer own this car" sadly as the car is over 4 years old the old owner probably assumed it would just lapse and reset on it's own, probably miffed off with Volvo emailing them to see if they want to re-new or have a service

Have you tried the app and seen if there is anyone else listed as logged into the car in it's settings, that's if you can get the app to run in a non sub'd mode that is.

Last edited by SnineT; Oct 26th, 2022 at 21:08.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 16:13   #3
Chox

Thanks for your reply.
As I suspected, once I get around to taking the car to a Volvo dealership they will sort out the VoC ownership. I can't get the app to do anything currently because I can't get a PIN because I'm not the registered owner.

As I said before, I have an issue with Volvo on this. The manual and other documentation are woeful on this subject. I'm not a luddite but it does take a bit of research to work out what's required. I'm also concerned that owners' personal information is insecure or the vehicle is visible and accessible by the previous owner.

Thanks again for your input. I don't think £100 for two years VoC and all the corrections is too steep so I'll probably go with that.
Chox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
registered owner, second owner, voc