Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale: Volvo 740 GLE Automatic

Views : 1018

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 3rd, 2014, 20:51   #1
Vrees

Default For Sale: Volvo 740 GLE Automatic

It has finally come to it, I'm having to sell my beloved friend. I changed work, so don't need the big beast anymore and he's still too good to scrap.
It is a 1988 GLE Automatic Estate, light blue. 208K Miles and mechanically sound. Have had a lot of work done, most recently the injector seals were replaced. Headlining has gone, but this has never bothered me. Comes with an MOT until February 2015 and I will include the Haynes manual and the original toolkit. He is cosmetically maybe not the prettiest, but a very reliable workhorse and it would be a shame to have to scrap him.
Looking for around £300.

IMG_0007_2.jpg

IMG_0009_2.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0016_2.jpg

IMG_0020_2.jpg
Vrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2014, 13:51   #2
mrdave2003
Premier Member

bargain for someone...

Spent many hours driving one of these and can't wait to get another one back as a second car however I've got to wait according to the wife... you know how it goes!

Hope it goes to a nice new home
mrdave2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdave2003 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 06:35   #3
Roderick Plinge

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrees View Post
It has finally come to it, I'm having to sell my beloved friend. I changed work, so don't need the big beast anymore and he's still too good to scrap.
It is a 1988 GLE Automatic Estate, light blue. 208K Miles and mechanically sound. Have had a lot of work done, most recently the injector seals were replaced. Headlining has gone, but this has never bothered me. Comes with an MOT until February 2015 and I will include the Haynes manual and the original toolkit. He is cosmetically maybe not the prettiest, but a very reliable workhorse and it would be a shame to have to scrap him.
Looking for around £300.

Attachment 80443

Attachment 80444

Attachment 80445

Attachment 80446

Attachment 80447
Looks a great old bus mate, good luck with the sale. Had a 1989 760 turbo which was a great car and utterly bomb proof. One of the few cars I regret selling .
Roderick Plinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2014, 20:13   #4
Vrees

Thanks for the support guys, the old boy has now been sold. Sad to see him go, gone to a nice family though. Made me smile every day...
Vrees is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vrees For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 6th, 2014, 20:16   #5
James_N
VOC Member

What a great looking car. Glad it has gone to a good family and will be looked after
Old Nov 15th, 2014, 02:04   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

What a pity i didn't see this when you first posted the thread! I've had 3 so far (and ultimately regretted selling each of them) and about a year ago sold my last one on in the belief i wouldn't be needing another estate. This would have been perfect for me!!

At least it's gone to a good home, i trust you also pointed them in the direction of this forum?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote