Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1989 volvo 245 GLT

Views : 1154

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 1st, 2009, 23:44   #1
grim reaper

Default 1989 volvo 245 GLT

right, I have for sale my 1989 volvo 245 GLT 5 door estate, its a 2.3 8v NA...its silver and milage is 181xxx and still going strong...its meant to be a 7 seater but I have removed the rear seats for the underfloor space (the seats are supplied if you want), has a towbar with 2 outlets so it can be ideal for towing caravans/trailers, full leathers (fronts are heated), standard 4 pot brakes and 2 pot in the rear ...the car had a new front windscreen fitted when I bought it as there was a crack, and there is now a new rear heated screen being fitted due to some twonk having a road rage fit

mods:
- has been lowered on cut springs (passed MOT fine as the springs did not fall out, has been like this for over a year with no problems at all)
- has original GLT 15" alloys which I refurbed white (they need to be done again as the road grime and dust has eaten the paint along with stone chips...205-50-15 toyo proxy t1r tyres in the rear, have a fair amount of trad left but could do with replacing in a couple of months and 195-50-15 budget tyres in the front (toyo's wore out )
-side exit exhaust which I have had for over a year and hasnt given me any trouble from the police or MOT testers (its been through 2 MOT's since I got it made from powerflow)
- it has infinity 2 way 13cm front components in the front along with pioneer tweaters and 13 cm pioneer rear speakers (rears have not been connected up) and it has a 12" sub...sounds nice as I wanted a system thats more clear than having silly amounts of bass...although the door cards had to be modified for the speakers to be fitted
- painted the calipers red over a year ago
- horn button reloacated due to a wiring fault, I will try and rectify this before the sale

just got the mot on 30/05/2009 so it has a years ticket...just taxed it from 1/06/2009 for 6 months

recent work that I done is I changed all the rear bushes (trailing arms and axel bushes), fitted new front headlights (drivers side lense has a crack but MOT didnt take any notice of it even though I brought it up) and I fitted new track rod ends and front brake pads

pictars in my project thread
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/proje...kend-tank.html

the car is by far not the mintest of cars and has its off scratches and dings in places (mainly due to idiot kids in the area playing football)...front drivers side arch has a dent when I bumped a car, ive bashed the dent out as much as I could so that the side light fits properly...only rust on the car is the rear arches have become scabby and there are small stone chips where they have gone to the paint...the gearbox input shaft is worn (has been since before I bought the car) and its been fine for the 20k miles ive done in it for the 1-1/2 years ive owned it...

if you know this car, then you will know it does keep up with alot of the new aged things that are on road now days and holds its ground even though its 20 years old also I always wait for the car to get warm before it gets revved, otherwise I drive under 2.5k revs while its a cold engine

I will miss this car when its gone as I cherish it with my heart, but its reluctant as it needs to go...£999 OVNO

PM me for my number or any other questions about the car, you can test drive the car IF you are insured otherwise I would be happy enough to take you for a spin if you are interested

no swaps, cash only...

Last edited by grim reaper; Jun 1st, 2009 at 23:45. Reason: typo
grim reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 09:02   #2
stevo48
Premier Member

Is that a miss print, £999 for an '89 245glt complete with rusty arches and dings, a bit ambitious matey.
stevo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 00:34   #3
VND
Now with added T4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo48 View Post
Is that a miss print, £999 for an '89 245glt complete with rusty arches and dings, a bit ambitious matey.
was thinking similar, but was too polite to voice it.
Sentiment does not equal value.

but at the end of the day, everything is worth what somebody will pay i suppose.

Good luck with the sale dude.
VND is offline   Reply With Quote