Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Driver's Seat Height

Views : 2225

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 14th, 2018, 22:17   #1
hancym
Master Member

Default XC60 Driver's Seat Height

Bit of a weird question.

I'm not the longest in the body (5'9") and I find that I could do with my seat that little bit higher. I had no problem in my XC90 but feel that I sit quite low in the XC60 and to be honest find it a bit difficult to judge where the two front corners of my car are. I'm made even more paranoid by the fact that I've just shelled out to have my Cratus wheels refurbed. I never had a similar issue in the XC90 despite it being a bigger car.

So to the question, has anyone heard of unbolting the seat and sitting on 25mm spacers and bolting it down again? Anyone done it?
hancym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2018, 23:28   #2
BEJ

I am shorter than you at 5'8" and have no dificulty with the seat height.
Perhaps it is a matter of perspective and different to what you have been used to. Give it a few weeks and see if you are more comfortable with it.
Old Dec 15th, 2018, 11:30   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancym View Post
Bit of a weird question.

I'm not the longest in the body (5'9") and I find that I could do with my seat that little bit higher. I had no problem in my XC90 but feel that I sit quite low in the XC60 and to be honest find it a bit difficult to judge where the two front corners of my car are. I'm made even more paranoid by the fact that I've just shelled out to have my Cratus wheels refurbed. I never had a similar issue in the XC90 despite it being a bigger car.

So to the question, has anyone heard of unbolting the seat and sitting on 25mm spacers and bolting it down again? Anyone done it?
are you aware that the seat height is adjustable ? see your handbook ..
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 23:12   #4
hancym
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
are you aware that the seat height is adjustable ? see your handbook ..
Yes I have the electric seat. Could still do with it being 25mm higher.
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 10:02   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Yes I have the electric seat. Could still do with it being 25mm higher.
There is no mechanical way to get it higher due to the fact the rails are locked to the floor but you can get cushions from some car accessory shops.
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 12:02   #6
Bloke

I'm a little vertically challenged at 5'6 and although I have mine set on the highest (manual control) I don't feel like I need it any higher - I'd imagine at 5'9 your head would almost be touching the roof in mine!

Paul.
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 12:08   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
I'm a little vertically challenged at 5'6 and although I have mine set on the highest (manual control) I don't feel like I need it any higher - I'd imagine at 5'9 your head would almost be touching the roof in mine!

Paul.
I wonder if he is lifting the front AND the back of the seat ? two separate operations ...
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 16:21   #8
hancym
Master Member

Quote:
There is no mechanical way to get it higher due to the fact the rails are locked to the floor but you can get cushions from some car accessory shops.
So what's wrong with unbolting it from the floor machining some spacers and rebolting it down and bit higher?
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 17:08   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
So what's wrong with unbolting it from the floor machining some spacers and rebolting it down and bit higher?
There are location devices with thick dowels which do not allow the 4 seat bolts to take all of the huge forces of an accident … if you tamper with that it is foolish to be honest .There will be more force on the mounts due to the extra leverage of the taller seat .
Old Dec 17th, 2018, 19:12   #10
hancym
Master Member

Quote:
There are location devices with thick dowels which do not allow the 4 seat bolts to take all of the huge forces of an accident … if you tamper with that it is foolish to be honest .There will be more force on the mounts due to the extra leverage of the taller seat .

Thanks! Not looked that hard thought it was all on the bolts.