Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 windscreen bonding failure

Views : 31784

Replies : 63

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2018, 15:51   #41
exasperated

I had the same thing earlier this year and Johnsons Gloucester also fixed it - impressed. They successfully took out the old one and rebonded it for free. Not sure what would have happened if they'd broken the screen while removing and whether they'd have then asked for a contribution but all was good. I had exactly the same problems as a few of the threads on here documented. Passenger side leak in footwell and I could ever so slightly see movement if I pushed the top corner of the windscreen. Car was 6.5 years old when it started leaking.
When I got it back it squeaked for a day or so and I was really worried that the bonding had failed, or the car had been driven too soon before the bonding had set, but it stopped and the car hasn't leaked since.
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 18:56   #42
Milky74

Default wet feet !!

So i too have joined the leaking windcreen club, passenger side carpet and foam wet. After yestrdays storm

will be ringing the Riverside Volvo tommorrow.

question is can one recomend a way to dry the carpet in the middle of winter.

2010 XC60 D5 112k
Milky74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2018, 19:11   #43
Stephen2015
S60 D5244T4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky74 View Post
So i too have joined the leaking windcreen club, passenger side carpet and foam wet. After yestrdays storm

will be ringing the Riverside Volvo tommorrow.

question is can one recomend a way to dry the carpet in the middle of winter.

2010 XC60 D5 112k
Best way I found to dry the underside of the carpet, is to removed door trimmings and raised the carpet as high as you can and wedge with wood to keep it as high as possible. Squeeze as much water out of the foam and remove all water from the floor. put a fan heater blowing towards the carpet keeping door closed as much as possible as you have the power cable also this lets the inside of the car breath. All my carpet was dry in a couple of hours. Every now and then just checked and make sure its not getting to0 hot.
Stephen2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 14:23   #44
tommoturbo

Default wet passenger footwell

Hi Guys, Suffering the same wet passenger footwell on my 2010, im not sure if it is the windscreen bond on mine and also dont have a sunroof so that cant be the issue, i removed the scuttle panel and it was bone dry underneath, and after the latest rain now the audio is playing up ie radio, parking sensors and sat nav intermittent sigh!

the drips appear from under / behind the glove box not down the inside of screen unless its from behind the A pillar?
Reluctant to contact volvo as i may end up with an astronomical bill
tommoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 15:36   #45
wilbydoughboy

Although the poorly bonded screens have not resulted in a recall, if you have the original screen they may sort it out for you free of charge which is only fair due to the original poor method of bonding failing. You could be getting water in the fusebox below the glovebox causing the electrics to play up.
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 15:56   #46
tommoturbo

Just been out and checked and the windscreen does push out at the top argh! Phoned Volvo and they are going to make a few calls and see if a "good will gesture". Ive just gone out and bought some wide electrical tape and sealed the top edge in the meantime.

Hope the electronics dry out checked that fuse box and the cover is missing so looks like it has seen a bit of water

cheers Ian
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 16:02   #47
Rustymusty

How do you know if your windscreen has been replaced as a replacement would have Volvo stamped on it the same as the windows?
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 16:03   #48
Rustymusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommoturbo View Post
Just been out and checked and the windscreen does push out at the top argh! Phoned Volvo and they are going to make a few calls and see if a "good will gesture". Ive just gone out and bought some wide electrical tape and sealed the top edge in the meantime.

Hope the electronics dry out checked that fuse box and the cover is missing so looks like it has seen a bit of water

cheers Ian
Is that at the passenger side or drivers?
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 21:17   #49
tommoturbo

Passenger side, think its running down the A pillar internally
Old Jul 6th, 2022, 15:27   #50
monkeysfeet

Default Wet Interior

Hi all, I bought a 2016 XC 60 3 weeks ago under the selekt used scheme. Today I noticed the interior front light cluster was full of water and the drivers footwell carpet was wet.
Booked in to my local dealer to look at, but will this be a windscreen bonding failure?
monkeysfeet is offline   Reply With Quote