Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY2018 cars

Views : 42423

Replies : 460

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2017, 14:05   #11
NandM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torshen View Post
Following as it looks like my car's going to be in one of the early MY18 production weeks now.
Was just about to reply in your other post, but thought I'd check in here first. Not sure what the forums rules say, but are you able to divulge which dealership you have gone with?
NandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2017, 15:34   #12
Torshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NandM View Post
Was just about to reply in your other post, but thought I'd check in here first. Not sure what the forums rules say, but are you able to divulge which dealership you have gone with?
Drive The Deal say in their T&Cs not to talk about which dealer once they've put you in touch, I presume it could pose some kind of risk to their operation if it was out there publicly so fair enough, they got me a discount so I'll honour my side of the bargain there and I won't say publicly.

Of course if you and I were to be having some kind of private conversation that wasn't seen by anyone and wouldn't ever show up in any Google search results then who knows what topics we might discuss.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 14:13   #13
Exsee90

Quote:
Drive The Deal say in their T&Cs not to talk about which dealer once they've put you in touch, I presume it could pose some kind of risk to their operation if it was out there publicly so fair enough, they got me a discount so I'll honour my side of the bargain there and I won't say publicly.

Of course if you and I were to be having some kind of private conversation that wasn't seen by anyone and wouldn't ever show up in any Google search results then who knows what topics we might discuss.
Downside if ordering through them is you have to collect the car from who knows where, I've used other brokers previously and dealers always deliver, I am going through a local dealer this time in the end, partly because of problems I was reading about would be easier to address locally but hope for 100% problem free car
Exsee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 14:22   #14
Torshen

My dealer will deliver if I want, both for free (putting miles on the car) and for a fee (on the back of a transporter) but I actually want to go and collect and get the experience / first drive myself. Will go with a mate and have an overnight stay / night out into the bargain, make a mini road trip out of it.

I must admit I'm a little worried about having to correct any issues that might arise with the dealer being a fair distance away, but I'm hoping nothing that serious crops up, and collecting in person gives me a chance to inspect before driving away.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 14:43   #15
aab203

Quote:
My dealer will deliver if I want, both for free (putting miles on the car) and for a fee (on the back of a transporter) but I actually want to go and collect and get the experience / first drive myself. Will go with a mate and have an overnight stay / night out into the bargain, make a mini road trip out of it.

I must admit I'm a little worried about having to correct any issues that might arise with the dealer being a fair distance away, but I'm hoping nothing that serious crops up, and collecting in person gives me a chance to inspect before driving away.
I think we probably got the car from the same place - as I also looked at a quote from DTD which turned out to be the dealer I was already dealing with through Carwow.

I, like you, opted to go and collect the car as I wanted to see it in person. I was pretty nervous with the idea of driving it back but had fun playing around with Pilot Assist, which I have since yet to use back in London!

I haven't had a need to take it in yet, but I am also in that position of not wanting to return the car to the original dealer just for a service. So when my three month check comes up (pretty soon) I'll probably give one of the London dealers a go and see how it fares.
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 14:48   #16
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
I think we probably got the car from the same place - as I also looked at a quote from DTD which turned out to be the dealer I was already dealing with through Carwow.

I, like you, opted to go and collect the car as I wanted to see it in person. I was pretty nervous with the idea of driving it back but had fun playing around with Pilot Assist, which I have since yet to use back in London!

I haven't had a need to take it in yet, but I am also in that position of not wanting to return the car to the original dealer just for a service. So when my three month check comes up (pretty soon) I'll probably give one of the London dealers a go and see how it fares.
Its also worth taking the best offer you get from DTD/Carwow etc to your local dealer, if they can come somewhere near close, then it can be worth it, particularly if they are a good dealership.

:wq
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 14:49   #17
aab203

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Its also worth taking the best offer you get from DTD/Carwow etc to your local dealer, if they can come somewhere near close, then it can be worth it, particularly if they are a good dealership.

:wq
I tried that but they were not interested. Their loss (but maybe their gain still with the servicing)
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2017, 16:16   #18
Exsee90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab203 View Post

There would be no problem getting it serviced or having warrenty work done at any dealer in UK, problems would only arrise if car is delivered with faults such as the road noise issues then I assume you need to give supplying dealer the chance to rectify but if collecting anything like than can be spotted on test drive
Exsee90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2017, 08:53   #19
chrisrixy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
The MY2018 pricelists of the V90(CC) and S90 are already on Volvo's website of Belgium and The Netherlands.
However, the XC90 pricelist is still for MY2017.
Well - that implies no major changes for the S/V90 range for MY18, but there could still be changes for the XC90.

I also wonder if volvo will respond to the concerns about diesel and bring the XC90 T5 to the UK - it's available elsewhere in RHD (Japan) so it should be an option.

Maybe the S/V90 range will also see a more options as while we are currently restricted to D4 / D5 choice - the T5, T6, D3 and T8 are all offered elsewhere.
chrisrixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2017, 09:30   #20
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

If you're eligible for the Volvo Affinity scheme, that will give a discount far in excess of likes of DTD/Carwow (in my experience now, just about to order a S90).