Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fuel Cat

Views : 1657

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2009, 22:51   #1
jack taylor
Master Member

Post Fuel Cat

I have read promotion literature on the Fuel Cat which is a device fitted in-line on the fuel delivery. It is said to improve fuel economy and at the same time increases performance. I would be interested if anyone has fitted this and if so their findings.
1996 850,2.4, 20v
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 23:18   #2
SUBURBAN KID

Is it one of those magnetic bits of keech on the auction site?
Old May 15th, 2009, 23:31   #3
jack taylor
Master Member

Default fuel cat

I read the article in a motoring mag and have looked on manufacterers web site. It sells for about£60.00 incl postage to spain.
Old May 16th, 2009, 08:34   #4
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

A lot of discussion over the years:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/search...earchid=374832
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_Rogers For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2009, 09:41   #5
John_C
Allons-y!

If they worked they would be fitted to new cars as standard. This scam has been around for decades.
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John_C For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:17   #6
GregB

Default Fuelcat

It's a good question - why don't they install it in new cars.?
All i can think of is that car manufacturers were forced to install catalytic converters which have since been scientifically proven to be downright dangerous and probably cause more damage to the environment than they are supposed to save. Car companies volunteering to spend more money in their manufacturing process? Not likely.
Besides, the issues that fuel catalysts (not only Fuelcat) seem to fix, don't occur until the cars get older.
Don't let anyone tell you to install it in a brand new car (or less than 50,000km) and expect any benefits.

Me? yes, i've had a Fuelcat in 2 Benz cars, 1 Toyota camper, 1 Benz camper, 1 Jag, 3 BMW, a small Yamaha bike and an Evinrude outboard.
Despite our previous friend's opinion, they DO work and are good value.

Fuelcat is the smallest of the world's 4 biggest manufacturers of fuel catalysts.
You should also look at Fitch, Broquet and Rentar (much more expensive but similar products). These are the "big 4".
Fuelcat is the world's biggest network of distributers into more countries than all the others put together.

Based entirely on my experience with Fuelcats, it is clear than our friend above has not used one. I suggest you do.
I'm sorry, i'm not a Volvo owner. I just found this forum when searching.

cheers
greg
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:54   #7
John97Tdi
Master Member

Default Fuel Cat

Does anyone else think it sounds like GregB sells/supplies Fuel Cat?

If I've misjudged you I apologise, however fuel cat is,as far as I'm aware, but one of the many"fuel saving devices" that have failed to convince either the motoring organisations or for that matter trading standards of their ability to provide any of the fuel saving or other benefits that they claim. In other words along with " air flow turbines" and "super power magnetic fuel" conditioners fuel cat falls into the category of motoring products headed "Scam"!

John
John97Tdi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John97Tdi For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2009, 14:26   #8
jack taylor
Master Member

Smile Fuel cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by John97Tdi View Post
Does anyone else think it sounds like GregB sells/supplies Fuel Cat?

If I've misjudged you I apologise, however fuel cat is,as far as I'm aware, but one of the many"fuel saving devices" that have failed to convince either the motoring organisations or for that matter trading standards of their ability to provide any of the fuel saving or other benefits that they claim. In other words along with " air flow turbines" and "super power magnetic fuel" conditioners fuel cat falls into the category of motoring products headed "Scam"!

John
Hi John, apology accepted, Thanks to your comments you have saved me about £60.00 plus postage. I suppose the best fuel economy is the right foot !Jack
Old May 20th, 2009, 15:39   #9
alv70d1999
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB View Post
It's a good question - why don't they install it in new cars.?
All i can think of is that car manufacturers were forced to install catalytic converters which have since been scientifically proven to be downright dangerous and probably cause more damage to the environment than they are supposed to save. Car companies volunteering to spend more money in their manufacturing process? Not likely.
Besides, the issues that fuel catalysts (not only Fuelcat) seem to fix, don't occur until the cars get older.
Don't let anyone tell you to install it in a brand new car (or less than 50,000km) and expect any benefits.

Me? yes, i've had a Fuelcat in 2 Benz cars, 1 Toyota camper, 1 Benz camper, 1 Jag, 3 BMW, a small Yamaha bike and an Evinrude outboard.
Despite our previous friend's opinion, they DO work and are good value.

Fuelcat is the smallest of the world's 4 biggest manufacturers of fuel catalysts.
You should also look at Fitch, Broquet and Rentar (much more expensive but similar products). These are the "big 4".
Fuelcat is the world's biggest network of distributers into more countries than all the others put together.

Based entirely on my experience with Fuelcats, it is clear than our friend above has not used one. I suggest you do.
I'm sorry, i'm not a Volvo owner. I just found this forum when searching.

cheers
greg
nice advert for fuelcat!
alv70d1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:35   #10
GregB

Default Fuelcat

Apology accepted.
It's of no concern to me whether you buy or not. I'm just giving you facts based on experience and dozens of independant reports, rather than you giving your opinion based on heresay and an unusually competent government body (?).
I was not promoting Fuelcat. You forgot that i named all 4 major suppliers.

If you were really interested, (and you're obviously not) you could spend as much time as i did before buying, researching independant lab reports.

You are also correct. I never found any scientific proof as to why they work and what the chemical process actually is.
There are however, a lot of scientific reports and lab tests to show that they do actually work, and in most cases, give detailed results.
Fuelcat is the cheapest (that's why i bought it) and the working parts are basically identical (if i'm allowed to say that?), all (i believe) being made in the UK.

It is quite logical that every single negative report i have ever read in the last 10 years, is written by people who have never tried it.
Every single comment that i've seen where someone like me claims a degree of success, is accused of benefiting somehow from the positive comment. Here we call them armchair experts.

It's ok guys, i'm happy and so are you.
cheers n bye
greg
GregB is offline   Reply With Quote