Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo v50 powershift to manual convertion

Views : 1912

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2017, 14:55   #11
iainmd

The Infotainment system consists of many parts spread all over the car I'm afraid. It's not just the ICM display in the dash. Check out this

Page 10 shows what I mean. A basic "Performance" audio system will have at a bare minimum ICM, MPM, and AFM all of which are coded to the car. The positioning of each module is shown on page 27.

Hope that helps.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 11:50   #12
Vxrd1

Okay I manage to get the car to idle long enough to get round the front of the car, and I can see air bubbles coming through clear fuel line when the car starts hunting so I assume that's the reason it stalls because it's drawing in air from somewhere. The car drives fine above 1500 revs.

I have changed the fuel lines from donor car in case one was caught installing the engine. Fitted new fuel filter with o ring and it's still the same. Anyone have any ideas what's common on these things to draw air into the fuel system?

Engine ran and idled spot on in the donor car. It's starting to get on my nerves that I can't find the fault to why It won't idle.
Vxrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 20:16   #13
Rooster
Speed freak

You haven't damaged crank sensor while taking driveshafts in and out have you as they are quiet close to OS driveshaft
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 23:25   #14
Vxrd1

Not that I'm aware of. Getting no codes for crank sensor. Surely it would affect running higher up the revs too.
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 12:30   #15
Bungo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vxrd1 View Post
Okay I manage to get the car to idle long enough to get round the front of the car, and I can see air bubbles coming through clear fuel line when the car starts hunting so I assume that's the reason it stalls because it's drawing in air from somewhere. The car drives fine above 1500 revs.

I have changed the fuel lines from donor car in case one was caught installing the engine. Fitted new fuel filter with o ring and it's still the same. Anyone have any ideas what's common on these things to draw air into the fuel system?

Engine ran and idled spot on in the donor car. It's starting to get on my nerves that I can't find the fault to why It won't idle.
There can be some bubbles but not a lot. I assume you have bled the system.
The fuel filter housings are known to crack easily and the fuel line connectors can be dodgy.
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 17:38   #16
Vxrd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungo View Post
There can be some bubbles but not a lot. I assume you have bled the system.
The fuel filter housings are known to crack easily and the fuel line connectors can be dodgy.
Yeah mate I've bled the system. It seems to get air bubbles when engine starts hunting. I've tried new filter housing and fuel lines connected to ones from the tank and no joy. Engine still hunts then stalls.

Also I tried finding afm module for radio in 2006 s40(donor car) and 2008 v50 and I can't find them in the locations it says on either vehicle
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 19:17   #17
iainmd

An S40's AFM will be accessible via the boot. Put your hand in one of the holes in the roof of the boot under the parcel shelf and feel around. It should be on the left side. Not sure about the V50 as I've never had to try to find it.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 15:26   #18
Bungo
Premier Member

Quote:
Yeah mate I've bled the system. It seems to get air bubbles when engine starts hunting. I've tried new filter housing and fuel lines connected to ones from the tank and no joy. Engine still hunts then stalls.
What size bubbles and frequency are we talking about ? This will define how much air is actually getting in,if any.
The only other thing I can suggest is fuel return pipe.
Is the car fitted with DPF ?
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 16:30   #19
Vxrd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungo View Post
What size bubbles and frequency are we talking about ? This will define how much air is actually getting in,if any.
The only other thing I can suggest is fuel return pipe.
Is the car fitted with DPF ?
Air bubbles only come only when car starts hunting and air bubbles are around 2-3mm in the pipe and probably about 5 bubbles. The air is in the fuel feed pipe coming out the filter housing.

The vehicle the engine is in now still has the dpf fitted but is not connected up as donor car doesn't have a dpf so no wiring for it. Would this affect it from idling that there's a dpf in the system but not connected up?
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 11:01   #20
Bungo
Premier Member

Quote:

The vehicle the engine is in now still has the dpf fitted but is not connected up as donor car doesn't have a dpf so no wiring for it. Would this affect it from idling that there's a dpf in the system but not connected up?
That sounds the likely suspect.