Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70r awd laser blue wanted

Views : 2071

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2011, 10:04   #1
Swedishdave

Default V70r awd laser blue wanted

Hi I'm looking for a 1999 lazer blue V70R AWD 265bhp in really good condition.If you have one you'd like to sell please could you let me know, It'll go to a good home. Many thanks

Last edited by Swedishdave; Nov 14th, 2011 at 13:00.
Swedishdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 18:19   #2
Yosser
Gizza job - I can do that

Nothing to do with me, but spotted on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-VOLVO...-/330640261687
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 18:39   #3
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

That car was last sold in Jan 2011, current owner hasn't had it long. Probably be worth asking the owner *why* its for sale only 10 months after he bought it.

Used to be owned by a VOC member before current owner.

Let me know if you do buy it please?

Last edited by JamesV70R; Nov 14th, 2011 at 19:02.
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 19:01   #4
Swedishdave

Thanks very much guys for the information it's very helpful.

Last edited by Swedishdave; Nov 14th, 2011 at 19:07.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 07:10   #5
Swedishdave

I will let you know if I buy the car,it looks really nice.It has covered a few more miles than i'd hoped for though & I'm not sure about the engine being chipped I would really have liked it standard but i've seen so few of them.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 10:36   #6
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

The BSR PPC system is really quite good, I have it on mine.

With the press of a button, and about 3 minutes the power is either "standard" at 265, or "mapped" at 310(ish!) with a lot more torque in the mid range. The difference really is like night and day.

If you don't want to run the map, you don't have to, plug in the PPC, ignition to II, and after a few seconds the PPC will show "Return to Orig" .. you press enter, it counts to 100%, done. No messing around in the engine bay, no rewiring things, its that simple!
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 10:49   #7
Swedishdave

That's sounds really good, thanks very much for the info,I'm not so put off about it as I was.Do you think the mileage is quite high, when I finally get one I want to keep it for good.I won't be using it daily,just for weekends (sunny weekends)
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 11:23   #8
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Mine is on 155k ... its just about run in! Has just had the autobox rebuilt though.

I'm using it as a daily driver at the moment, whats the point in having a lovely car like this if you're not gonna use it

Its getting a machine polish and full correction in the spring, and will be a weekend car for the summer. (Cycle in the summer, drive in the winter)

Check through the history that the gearbox + AWD system have been looked after. Look for tyre changes - 4 tyres at a time! If only 2 have been changed the AWD system could be dead. Tyres need to be within 2mm of eachother all round and the same brand/speed rating/size. Rotated regularly.

As I said earlier, the owner of that car hasn't had it very long, as it was last sold in Jan 2011.

Last edited by JamesV70R; Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:25.
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 13:02   #9
Swedishdave

I looked at the current owners profile on e-bay & it appears that he has sold a few cars over a couple of years so he maybe a part time trader.The gearbox rebuild sounds a bit expensive!
I wonder how much the car will go for, it's already at the £2000 mark...I don't suppose you can recall how much it went for in January? I saw another for sale earlier in the year V985 *** can't remeber the last three letters but that was in lovely condition too, but I was just too late..
Thanks again for all the information, this sites great!
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 14:28   #10
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Rebuild was ~£1500 - previous owner had it done about 2 months before he sold the car.

I'm guessing it'll go for £3800-£4k ish. Its not the right time to be buying large engined, turbocharged, petrol cars, but they don't come up for sale very often! He has lowered the reserve according to the ad, but if theres a few people interested at £3500 mark it'll rapidly rise above that!

If I remember right it went for ~£4800 last time. I'll have a looksee when I get home.
I saw one go earlier this year for around the £5k mark on ebay. Something like 30+ bids!