Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70r awd laser blue wanted

Views : 2057

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 15th, 2011, 19:49   #11
Swedishdave

That's not as bad as I thought it might be,apparently it's around £1000 for a genuine Volvo clutch to be fitted in a manual gearbox so there's not too much in it.

That's useful to have some idea of how high the price may go...I was hoping it wouldn't be quite so much but I'm going to try my best.
Swedishdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 20:00   #12
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Just checked, last sold for £5100 ish.

From what I can work out - Sold on 5th Feb for £5352 on eBay.
Then appears on Pistonheads a few weeks later on a different plate for £5750, but sells on 27th Feb by "pday_ltd" on ebay for £5100.
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 20:56   #13
Swedishdave

Thanks very much for looking, it has a bit of a strange history doesn't it?

I don't like this auction lark, I'd much sooner look at one in a garage or for sale privately, it seems far less hassle.

I have been tempted recently by a couple of saffron V70 R s but I'm glad I waited & even if I'm not lucky with this one I'm sure they'll be another along soon ish ( I hope)
Old Nov 15th, 2011, 21:05   #14
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Yes, very strange that it was bought by a dealership who then sold it at a loss! Don't know whats happened between those sales though!

Hold out for a nice one, theres a few left, just keep saving, waiting, and keep your eyes open on here, ebay, auto-trader, and pistonheads .. you'll find one!
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 07:27   #15
Swedishdave

Hi there, just to let you know that I didn't buy the V70R on e-bay.After a 2 hour drive I had a good look but it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped.So if anyone out there has a really good,low mileage laser blue V70R awd for sale(I don't want much do I) I will pay a good price for it & it'll be well looked after.Thanks again
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 12:16   #16
Toplights
VOC Member 23660

Not the colour your after Dave but looks good.Four wheel drive being the only drawback .
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Volvo...item35b6f9dc78
The Following User Says Thank You to Toplights For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 12:38   #17
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

I'm instantly put off that car by the fact he has only owned it for 7 months. I'm sure theres an innocent explanation really ..

But saying that, I did see this car at the Southern BKV this year ... rather tasty! VGC and all that.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 13:01   #18
Toplights
VOC Member 23660

I think they are single persons car realy Villan,someone with plenty of disposable income,expensive to run ect ect,i would love to own one but they are not realy practical in the real world,the way the financial scene is at the moment i can see someone buying with their rose coloured specs on, only to find out, the real cost of owning such a lovley car.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 13:05   #19
Swedishdave

Thanks very much for the link Toplights, it does look a very nice car but you know how sometimes you get your heart set on one particular thing.......i have.

Villan I've just found the pics of your V70R,it looks superb,very nice indeed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swedishdave For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 14:17   #20
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toplights View Post
I think they are single persons car realy Villan,someone with plenty of disposable income,expensive to run ect ect,i would love to own one but they are not realy practical in the real world,the way the financial scene is at the moment i can see someone buying with their rose coloured specs on, only to find out, the real cost of owning such a lovley car.
So far mine hasn't been any more expensive to run than my 2.5T was. Only thing thats more expensive is the fuel - vPower only on the R! Even thats only a few £ per tank.

Cheers Swedishdave - Looks as good in real life as it does in the pics!
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post: