Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Chinese S90s stuck on trains in Poland...

Views : 6911

Replies : 80

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 2nd, 2017, 00:20   #71
ianmkirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami View Post
Again, very interesting.

The local dealer is insistent that the cost of the loan car (model as yet unspecified) is down to them alone.

I did suggest that Volvo Uk should be absorbing this charge but they were adamant that this was not the case.
Well all I can say is good luck with it. All going to plan I am collecting on Friday afternoon. That means the XC60 will be collected. So in theory there is at least that car going on Volvo UKs cost as cannot be assigned to anyone else yet as haven’t given them the nod yet as to when I’m dropping it off!

Good luck.
ianmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2017, 18:54   #72
whoami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmkirk View Post
Well all I can say is good luck with it. All going to plan I am collecting on Friday afternoon. That means the XC60 will be collected. So in theory there is at least that car going on Volvo UKs cost as cannot be assigned to anyone else yet as haven’t given them the nod yet as to when I’m dropping it off!

Good luck.
Thanks Ian.

Hope your handover goes well tomorrow and look forward to hearing your first thoughts on the car.
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2017, 00:01   #73
ianmkirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami View Post
Thanks Ian.

Hope your handover goes well tomorrow and look forward to hearing your first thoughts on the car.

Thanks whoami.

Collected without issue today. My word, it really is worth waiting for. It is a sublimely luxurious car. Already love it. Just the right amount of quirky.

My wife has never really been one for cars and when in years gone by I have been excited to bring home a new 3 or 5 serious for example has always nonchalantly passed it off as ‘yes it’s nice but it’s just a car’ response.

She came home to the see the s90 on the drive and said to me as she got out her car... yes, now that’s a handsome looking car.

I think it’s because it looks similar enough to it’s oeers that it fits into the exec saloon space well but simultaneously looks so different to the bmw/merc/audi gang that it grabs your interest.

I popped to the shops in it after having had it just an hour or so and upon coming out into the open and mostly empty car park spotted it and thought it looked brilliant.

Been dark since I collected it so not chance for photos yet.

Hope you get yours soon and in my opinion it is def worth waiting for.

FYI. The goodwill package def doesn’t get paid by the dealership as they were unaware of what I had been given. So much so that despite me letting them know and without a single pestering word from me presented me with a voucher for a meal for two at Ramside Hall (worth £50 in value) which is a nice restaurant up here. (However it was a printed card voucher with an s90 (in my colour - likely coincidence) so may well be for all new s90 owners). Either way - nice touch.

Good luck.
ianmkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2017, 12:20   #74
whoami

Quote:
Thanks whoami.

Collected without issue today. My word, it really is worth waiting for. It is a sublimely luxurious car. Already love it. Just the right amount of quirky.

My wife has never really been one for cars and when in years gone by I have been excited to bring home a new 3 or 5 serious for example has always nonchalantly passed it off as ‘yes it’s nice but it’s just a car’ response.

She came home to the see the s90 on the drive and said to me as she got out her car... yes, now that’s a handsome looking car.

I think it’s because it looks similar enough to it’s oeers that it fits into the exec saloon space well but simultaneously looks so different to the bmw/merc/audi gang that it grabs your interest.

I popped to the shops in it after having had it just an hour or so and upon coming out into the open and mostly empty car park spotted it and thought it looked brilliant.

FYI. The goodwill package def doesn’t get paid by the dealership as they were unaware of what I had been given. So much so that despite me letting them know and without a single pestering word from me presented me with a voucher for a meal for two at Ramside Hall (worth £50 in value) which is a nice restaurant up here. (However it was a printed card voucher with an s90 (in my colour - likely coincidence) so may well be for all new s90 owners). Either way - nice touch.

Good luck.
Glad to hear that your handover went well and that you are enjoying the car.

Just contacted Volvo Customer Relations about my situation.

An interesting conversation, as the chap I spoke to could not give a toss. A couple of meaningless platitudes and blaming the dealer for giving out a delivery date.

He's going to contact the dealer, and try to obtain a firmer delivery date (after much prompting from me) and get back to me.

We'll see, but totally unimpressed and might well bin the S90 in favour of something else.

Poor.
whoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2017, 17:58   #75
Ducks

Quote:
Thanks whoami.

Good luck.
Wow, I'm still waiting on a date for the S90 as some of them are coming on a boat now due to the train route disruptions. Last update was January 2018. If I can get some vouchers for Ramside as compensation, I'll be buzzing well the Mrs will be
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2017, 20:22   #76
Jimrod

Interesting still that so many being quoted delays - I checked mine, due December 18th-ish last week and the dealer said it's all on target (typed in some stuff on his computer while I was on phone to confirm, who knows if legit or not!). I ordered late August/Early Sep, in UK.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2017, 21:02   #77
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrod View Post
Interesting still that so many being quoted delays - I checked mine, due December 18th-ish last week and the dealer said it's all on target (typed in some stuff on his computer while I was on phone to confirm, who knows if legit or not!). I ordered late August/Early Sep, in UK.
I ordered at the beginning of October and still haven't been given a date. Was originally told December then told January, but no actual date. I've ordered Audi's before and they're on point with their dates but the info so far has been vague from the dealer. Was told I could get one in December but they have the winter pack on which I didn't spec for, just front sensors
Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2017, 10:17   #78
Stunts

Default At last!

Well apparently mine is now in the U.K. and will shortly be on its way to the dealer. Hopefully delivery will occur next week :-) Just in negotiations with VCUK regarding goodwill.....
Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 18:03   #79
Stunts

Well, it seemed I spoke too soon. Despite VCUK saying that my car was due to port on the 14th November it is still sat in Zeebrugge and not due to the dealer until the 24th >:-(

VCUK have sent me £600 in service vouchers you spend on what I will (and they are also honouring the discount to the Polestar package that ended in October, guess what I'm spending my vouchers on....)

So the upshot is that I'm unlikely to see the car this month. Really pi**ed off now.
Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 19:43   #80
Jimrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunts View Post
Well, it seemed I spoke too soon. Despite VCUK saying that my car was due to port on the 14th November it is still sat in Zeebrugge and not due to the dealer until the 24th >:-(

VCUK have sent me £600 in service vouchers you spend on what I will (and they are also honouring the discount to the Polestar package that ended in October, guess what I'm spending my vouchers on....)

So the upshot is that I'm unlikely to see the car this month. Really pi**ed off now.
What a pain in the ass.

Volvo keep insisting mine is still due 20th December, I can't see it at this rate! Considering my current lease car runs out on the 2nd and I'll need to hire, this could get very expensive. Your wait is ridiculous, Volvo don't seem that bothered.
Jimrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
china, one belt, one road, s90