Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are there any Towbar Valance Templates?

Views : 381

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 1st, 2017, 16:36   #1
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Default Are there any Towbar Valance Templates?

Does anyone have, or know where to find online, templates to cut out the rear valance for the various genuine Volvo 240 towbars please?

Any of the templates would be interesting. There is in the Volvo Guide to Towing a picture of a retractable towbar that has similarities to and might or might not be the towbar that I am currently using. It would be interesting to obtain that template.

Thanks.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2017, 16:41   #2
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Look on www.240.se they have loads of genuine volvo instructions scans. Could find the one you need on there

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 1st, 2017, 16:48   #3
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

What language is that website?
Old Nov 1st, 2017, 21:10   #4
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

I've found this site which is generally informative with genuine (USA?) instructions for various things. https://www.scribd.com/lists/2336868/volvo-instructions
Be sure to click the LOAD MORE link at the bottom of the first web page.

Including this for 1981 fixed towbars https://www.scribd.com/document/2229...1-Towing-Hitch

And this for 1988 retractable towbars https://www.scribd.com/doc/22297691/...e-Towing-Hitch

And this for later model fixed towbars https://www.scribd.com/doc/22297723/...5-Fixed-Towbar

Those do have some updating for later years. And they have torque settings for the bolts.

They give sketches of the template for the spoiler. The sketches could be useful. It seems the actual template was included with the towbar.

So the only real hope for templates is if someone has an original template saved. Or if someone has made a template from an old valance that had a towbar fitted before either repairing a valance or parting with the valance. I have a valance that was used with a removable genuine towbar and I will make a template from that before I repair or part with it.

Some of the details of the illustrations differ a bit from the retractable towbar I am using. But. The mechanism is very much the same. So I might perhaps have a genuine Volvo towbar. Or I might not. Hi Nick .... I won't concede easily!

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Nov 1st, 2017 at 21:14. Reason: LOAD MORE link mention.
Old Nov 1st, 2017, 21:19   #5
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
So the only real hope for templates is if someone has an original template saved. Or if someone has made a template from an old valance that had a towbar fitted before either repairing a valance or parting with the valance.
Or one might be able to work by enlarging the template sketch from the PDFs....

I guess the dashed vertical line might be the centre line of the rear valance.

Old Nov 1st, 2017, 23:32   #6
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Look on www.240.se they have loads of genuine volvo instructions scans. Could find the one you need on there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
What language is that website?
Swedish but use Google Chrome translate function and it'll work fine. If you go direct through Internet Explorer and use Google translate the links break so you need thr Swedish version open for the links and the UK translation to see where to click.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote