Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Please any help

Views : 350

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2017, 21:01   #1
Johngs40

Exclamation Please any help

First of all hi to all and hope to be on here more and more learning👍🏻👍🏻.
So i have purchased a volvo s40 r design DRIVe diesel. Cars been great but recently causing me problems. 1st thing is the headlight bulbs keep going changed them 3 times now and still 1 will go after a few days. Any information on the corrct bulbs would be brilliant. 2nd and the more worrying of all is recently the cars diesel light came on no biggy was caught on on the travel my fault totally and stupid of me but it happens. Ive now noticed after topping up the car seems to be running rough seems to me stuttering slighlty at a low revs through all gears and chugging i have searched the web assuming that the car has a possible dirty diesel filter and tbh im hoping this is the case im just looking for volvo lovers to point me in the correct direction of possible issues i have created by running low on fuel. It does run and drive but again it seems to chug as i can feel it while driving at low level revs. Also it cut out on me tonight and kinda toiled to restart but i did start again im just worried that their is something badly wrong with it. Its a 2009 model and has about 82k on it so any ideas would be brilliant.
Thanks for taking time to read through and hope to learn alot more about the volvo 👍🏻👍🏻
Johngs40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 15:26   #2
Petey80
Premier Member

Headlight bulbs should be H7. Nothing wrong with Volvo's own as they are made by Osram.

What type have you been putting in?

You could very well have a blocked/blocking fuel filter to cause those issues if they have only started after running quite low. When was it last changed.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 20:08   #3
Johngs40

Just a quick update.... so the car stopped working all together today needless to say not impressed at all. Never had the need for breakdown cover but today had to bite the bullet. So after £106 to the AA guy came out tinkered got it running took it to his van outside onto the computer came up with a load of confusing things to say the least please if some1 makes sense of this or it hopefully helps other feel free to read it

Engine control -57k/diesel
EDC 16c342A40-particle filter error message
Unknown error type 2520
Rail pressure monitoring.
Error message low fuel pressure possible blocked filter.

Its now in the garage with a £177.05 bill for basically a full oil and fluids service and new filters plus a full fuel line clean ect ect hopefully by 12pm tomorrow shes back to as good as new .👍🏻👍🏻
Johngs40 is offline   Reply With Quote