Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cabin Temp Sensor

Views : 35604

Replies : 74

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 14th, 2011, 21:40   #1
400-ascona
Premier Member

Default Cabin Temp Sensor

We hoovered out the temp sensor hole on the air con panel a few weeks ago. Shortly after the air con started playing up. My brother mailed his PPC reader to me and having just plugged it in it comes back with:
CCM-0004 Passenger compartment temperature sensor. Signal too high / Signal missing
CCM-0004 Passenger compartment temperature sensor. Signal too high or signal missing
Is it possible to dismantle the panel and swap temp sensors (I still have the panel from the scrap XC)?
or
Can I fit the panel from the scrap XC? All the buttons are in the same place, except it doesn't have the heated seat switch (I assume you remove the blank and swap and fit the switch (CanBus?)?

Any help appreciated.

Rob.
Old Apr 14th, 2011, 22:34   #2
chb
Master Member

interested in this as my sensor plays up too.
chb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 11:58   #3
spokoluzik
Trader

yes you can.
by the way buttons are exchangeable and can put then in any slot.

http://volvodiagnostic.com/
spokoluzik is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spokoluzik For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 20:08   #4
400-ascona
Premier Member

I swapped the CCM (Climate Control Module) for the one from the scrap XC today. The switches were all in the same place as the original, except the heated seats were blanked. I disconnected the battery, fitted the panel, swapped the heated seat switches over and it seems to work. That is all except the heated seats, which light up as they should, but I don’t think they are warming up, so I assume they need to be programmed (not worried about that for now!).
Some pictures of the unit during disassembly:

The broken temperature sensor:

Anybody got any suggestions for replacement of the sensor wire? I assume soldering back together will be no good? If need be I will unsolder the one from the good CCM, and fit to the original CCM which has the heated seats working. I am in no rush, and will probably do it just before the colder months return, however if anyone has any suggestions that save me having to dismantle the good unit, and would allow me to repair the existing it would be appreciated.

I assume the wire broke whilst it was being hoovered to get the dust out, so be warned!

Rob.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 14:26   #5
chb
Master Member

Hi, I don't think this is just a wire, it should actually be a thermistor with a temp sensitive blob on the wire. If you could find the spec of thermistor then a replacement should be possible. does the sensor wire on the replacement not have temp sensing blob (the one on mine looks about the size of a match head , but I can only see it through the slats on the dash). Photos of a good one would be appreciated.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 14:33   #6
chb
Master Member

Talking

This should help:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/archiv.../t-107413.html
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 14:47   #7
chb
Master Member

Perfect link hopefully:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ght=thermistor

We have an account with RS at work so I will order two of these, happy to resolder yours if you like?

How hard was the panel to remove?
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 14:57   #8
400-ascona
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb View Post
Perfect link hopefully:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ght=thermistor

We have an account with RS at work so I will order two of these, happy to resolder yours if you like?

How hard was the panel to remove?
Its got the little blob.

Easy, remove the gear surround, undo the two torx screws at the front/bottom. Pull the whole radio CCM panel towards you and down. You then have to loosen the 3 screws in the back of the radio and release the clips to allow enough room to unhook the CCM from the stereo. I then plugged the new one in, reset the fault codes, and away we went!

The soldering isn't the problem. If you can order 2 off for me too, I will send you the cost + postage (I know, I'm cheeky!). I will keep one as a spare!

Rob.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 15:05   #9
chb
Master Member

No problem. will order four of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to chb For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 19:47   #10
chb
Master Member

aaargh! got the gearbox gaiter off ok. removed the torx screws. Now been wrestling with control unit and radio for 10 mins. can't get the blooming thing to shift...is there a knack?