Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Chav / Barry cars

Views : 11083

Replies : 64

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 22:36   #51
Ovlovdriver

Sad thing is, the older generation slag off younger people putting bodykits etc on, yet they will, for example, go and buy a c30, and buy an r sport bodykit, when they could of bought the better car in the first place...

s60 2.4t, 2.0t, s70 and v70, s40, 240, 122s
Ovlovdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:38   #52
The Thong
VOC Member

Thumbs up

JH164 looks like a church organ
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 08:59   #53
Daim
Brit in Germany

That spoiler on the 850/S70 looks crooked...

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 23:06   #54
Christerart
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Can't say I was that guilty as some of these cars show - apart from I was well into stripes. Had them everywhere, along with loads of lights across the grill, with the middle 2 pointing high and to the right on a seperate switch - so I could 'illuminate' drivers who put full beam on at me..lol. The joy of youth!!

Regards
LOL. I equipped my semi trucks in the US with searchlights on both sides of the cab - each on a separate switch of course. Took the original bulbs out of them and replaced them with aircraft landing lights. Pointed the right one back about 20 yards behind the trailer.

That one was for the guys who would get on and stick to my rear end like glue - ie a tailgater - like most truckers I hated having someone sitting back there so close I couldn't see them in my mirrors - so I'd move out left a little until I could see them in my right hand mirror and then I would hit the right searchlight for a couple of seconds.

Usually the offender would decelerate hard and stay well behind - if they didn't they'd get another hit, a longer one and eventually they'd get the message and get off my tail.

Mission accomplished...=*^)
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 00:04   #55
baggy798
🤍💙💗

I don't know where I found this as it was a while ago, but it's got a barry in it.

The Chronicles Of Barry

1 ~ Winning Is Winning

Barry pulls up alongside a Porsche Boxter at the traffic lights, upon which he senses an opportunity to impress the group of people standing at the zebra crossing. He revs the crap out of his chariot in an attempt to get the attention of the Porsche driver, who will hopefully notice his harness pads and neon washers.

The tension mounts as the lights change from red to amber, and then finally green as Barry lights up his street racer remoulds, and the thunderous roar emanates from his blowing Peco back-box. The Porsche turns left… but hey, it’s still a win as far as Barry is concerned, and to celebrate he decides to stop off at the local McDonalds to let everyone know how he wasted this Porsche.

“Mate, I am telling ya.. it musta bin the induction kit.”

2 ~ Heavily Modified

Winston attempts to enter the Halfords car park by performing a burnout, but ultimately stalls it because his foot slips off the clutch. His mates Barry and Dave, who were already parked up discussing the finer points of bad boy bonnets, quickly gather round his beast of a motor. Winston lifts up the bonnet on his Nova SR…

“OK, check it out. It’s got a Vauxhall tuned 1300cc block, standard head, coloured leads, de-air filtered, and I have mounted my mums hair dryer on the single choke carb as this is just as good as a turbo. Nothing has been left alone on the exhaust either, as I have fitted genuine Heinz components.”

“Whatsa’ performance like?” asks Barry.

“Well, it is pulling nearly five horsepower over standard!”

With his mates clearly impressed with his engine tuning skills, they clamber into his car and race after the Skyline that whizzed by nearly five minutes ago.

3 ~ Calor Gas != Nitrous Oxide

Early next morning, while Winston is nailing on his new huge rear wing, he has a brilliant thought for a new modification. He drives down to Halfords and consults Barry.

“Hey man, I need NOS… lots of NOS!”

“What’s ‘NOS’?” enquires Barry.

“Dunno man, but I saw it on this film and they had these bottles and buttons and flashing lights and things. It must be some type of gas because the guy hits a button, and gets an instant fifteen-hundred horses!”

“Ahhh… gas,” replies Barry, “they have it at the petrol station down the road in big blue bottles.”

Winston sits staring blankly at the bottle of Calor Gas they have just stolen. They are clearly having problems connecting the thirty-kilo propane bottle to the engine intake.

“I know!” pipes Winston, “If we run a hose from the bottle to the carb, and fix it there with some purple cable ties it should work adequately.”

Winston sets off on his test run. 10… 20… 30… 35… 36… 37… 38...… 39…... 40mph and he opens up the bottle…

Barry just stood there with his jaw dropped, scarcely believing the fireball before him.

“Damn!” says Gaz, “we’ve lost our best tuner.”
Old May 19th, 2013, 15:30   #56
The Thong
VOC Member

Not trying to resurrect an old post but I've been trying to get a photo of this car for ages. And finally, today, just for you guys I present The Blues 240...... Behold

Cool or What!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 19th, 2013, 16:28   #57
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

I guess by definition any car that I would run or buy would not be a Chav/Barry car.

With regard to body kits...the only cars I have ever had with body kits would be a Mk2 Golf GTI with an ABT bodykit, a B&M supercharger and OZ wheels + a few other goodies (Koni eletronically adjusted suspension) - car built BITD by Mike Spence Motorsport (who were famous for their tweeked Integrales).

Oh, and an ABT equipped Audi.

Guess that makes me a boring Mercedes Benz 500E owning old git.

Prufrock.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 16:41   #58
Daim
Brit in Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
Not trying to resurrect an old post but I've been trying to get a photo of this car for ages. And finally, today, just for you guys I present The Blues 240...... Behold

Cool or What!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like it! Nothing ott just a simple plain paint job, some good looking steel rims and done... Best way you can do a 240

2010 V70 (Type 135) D5 (D5244T10) Automatic (TF-80SC)
Daim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 17:07   #59
The Thong
VOC Member

That drivers side window tint cannot be legal
Old May 19th, 2013, 18:34   #60
rayyan171

They are just extreme cars. There's a man down my road with a slammed v70
rayyan171 is offline   Reply With Quote