Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Pilot assist 3 on XC90?

Views : 4481

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 26th, 2018, 10:43   #1
Duri13

Default Pilot assist 3 on XC90?

Is PA3 already available on newly built XC90?
Volvocars Czech Republic is now advertising that XC90 comes with the latest PA3: https://www.volvocars.com/cz/vozy/modely/volvo-xc90
(I know you do not speak CZ but you can clearly see PA III and XC90 on the attached photo).
I am trying to find similar info on other regional webs but no luck...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pa3.JPG (82.6 KB, 48 views)
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duri13 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 12:25   #2
morgano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duri13 View Post
Is PA3 already available on newly built XC90?
Volvocars Czech Republic is now advertising that XC90 comes with the latest PA3: https://www.volvocars.com/cz/vozy/modely/volvo-xc90
(I know you do not speak CZ but you can clearly see PA III and XC90 on the attached photo).
I am trying to find similar info on other regional webs but no luck...
I don't know - i guess so...

I found this, looks like it was added 11/12/2018:
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-513143/2019

Quote:
Facts and advantages
Improved performance in curves
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-510931/2019

Having just searched - I think it was posted elsewhere too.

Last edited by morgano; Nov 26th, 2018 at 13:01.
morgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 13:44   #3
Duri13

Yeah, but your links are about V60/S60.
I am not sure if it automatically applies to the whole portfolio...
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 18:01   #4
Haldex
Premier Member

Apparently not yet available as an update/upgrade for existing SPA cars..

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=286190

I have my annual service next week - I'll raise the question once again..
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2018, 18:49   #5
moexius

I am taking delivery of my car in less than a month, fingers crossed. I wonder if pilot assist 3 will already be available in the car.
moexius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 11:54   #6
MOzS90

Disregard.
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 14:59   #7
Lexman8
Premier Member

Was at the dealer's this morning for the VCM safety recall. I asked them to do a full s/w update while there. Took 45 mins. Changes are:
Updates from and including November 2018
  • The option to deactivate the tyre pressure monitoring system, TPMS, using the "Car status" app in the centre display is reintroduced.
  • Update of adjustments of lumbar and side supports that are set and saved in a driver profile. The supports are adjusted, as before, when the door is unlocked with a key connected to the profile, with the addition that they will be adjusted again when the car is turned on to take into account the actual pressure that occurred when the driver sat down in the driver's seat.
  • Driver profiles: The list of driver profiles has been updated with information in order to provide a clearer overview. If a profile has a key linked to it then this will now be printed in the list under the profile name. To make it easier to save changes to a protected driver profile, a "Save" button has been added by the active profile in the shortcuts menu for driver profiles.
  • The car can be driven away when the electric parking brake is deactivated even if "Auto hold" is activated and the driver's seatbelt is not buckled.
I'm not sure about the first one. I thought TPMS was compulsory?

Anyhoots, I asked about PA3 and came away with no new information on it other than it's only available on the V60. I'm not even sure how accurate that is?

He did say that the new XC90 will be introduced in 2021 and will be available with "fully digitised" road mapping meaning a higher level of [semi] autonomous driving.
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 16:56   #8
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Was at the dealer's this morning for the VCM safety recall. I asked them to do a full s/w update while there. Took 45 mins. Changes are:
  • The car can be driven away when the electric parking brake is deactivated even if "Auto hold" is activated and the driver's seatbelt is not buckled.
This one has embarrassed me once or twice, when a few choice words may have been uttered. Thank goodness they have modified this.

Now if only they could make the stop/start voice activated I wouldn't mind so much that it defaults to 'active' every time a cold start is done.
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 18:16   #9
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
This one has embarrassed me once or twice, when a few choice words may have been uttered.
Same here. I'd just got the car and four of my mates and I were going to a rugby match. I managed to block the entrance to the car park for about 3 mins although it seemed like 10 times that.

Obviously, they take every opportunity to remind me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 20:03   #10
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
  • The option to deactivate the tyre pressure monitoring system, TPMS, using the "Car status" app in the centre display is reintroduced.
  • Update of adjustments of lumbar and side supports that are set and saved in a driver profile. The supports are adjusted, as before, when the door is unlocked with a key connected to the profile, with the addition that they will be adjusted again when the car is turned on to take into account the actual pressure that occurred when the driver sat down in the driver's seat.
  • Driver profiles: The list of driver profiles has been updated with information in order to provide a clearer overview. If a profile has a key linked to it then this will now be printed in the list under the profile name. To make it easier to save changes to a protected driver profile, a "Save" button has been added by the active profile in the shortcuts menu for driver profiles.
I'm not sure about the first one. I thought TPMS was compulsory?

Anyhoots, I asked about PA3 and came away with no new information on it other than it's only available on the V60. I'm not even sure how accurate that is?

He did say that the new XC90 will be introduced in 2021 and will be available with "fully digitised" road mapping meaning a higher level of [semi] autonomous driving.
Lexman, how is your onboard heater now you have latest software? There was a long thread about a suggestion that the latest software prevented you from triggering it manually.from the app when not plugged in.

My dealer wasnt sure and couldnt get a straight answer out of Volvo so didnt update my software. I have had a few Sensus crash and reboot incidents lately so might want to get latest software some time sooner rather than later.....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote