Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Safety recall for fire risk

Views : 86909

Replies : 469

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 30th, 2020, 14:31   #371
DTaylor

Mine went in last August and had to have the inlet manifold replaced as the plastic was deteriorating. I had the software updated at the same time too. I've just had another recall letter informing me it's for the same thing, "The engines plastic inlet manifold may melt and deform."

Seems strange as mine was replaced 5 months ago. Are the replacements failing too?

The recall code I have is R29948. When I contacted the dealer they said the recall was to replace a couple of hoses, and remove and clean a couple of sensors, plus another software update. No mention of the inlet manifold. Being done whilst I wait, should be around 1 hour.
Old Jan 30th, 2020, 20:48   #372
goodfellauk

Wink recall

My v60 d4 r design was in volvo dealership to have a towbar fitted over the last few days and they updated the software and mentioned inlet manifold issue. When i picked it up they said all had been done and the update changes the air/ diesel mixture they also tried to sell me the polestar upgrade!. 1st class service also gave me a brand new v60 r design as a courtesy car for 2 days

Last edited by goodfellauk; Jan 30th, 2020 at 20:54.
goodfellauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2020, 14:13   #373
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

This from my local dealer:
I am not sure why you haven’t had any correspondence from Volvo with regards to this, but we can get the recall sorted for you

The most recent is for an upgrade to the ECM (engine control module) – the job is about 1 hour and we can do that any time week commencing 10th February

In terms of the other recall, safety notice, Volvo have still not sent any further information and are at this stage still asking customers to monitor for symptoms

It seems as if there are mixed messages to and from the dealers
marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2020, 17:37   #374
ashtm

Default Manifold recall.

Hi guys, I need some help.

As requested my2016 V40 D2 went into have the recall completed. Within 2 weeks the coolant warning light came on, i topped it up as it was a tiny bit low and for another day ok... But then another top up.

Phoned Stoneacre Volvo informing them of the leak and had the response was to return it asap... which was in a weeks time.

Once the garage had a "Look" at the problem the head gasket has gone in their opinion at a cost of £1980.00. Ouch. "It's absolutely nothing to do with our recall work."

Surely this is all connected right? Faulty gasket on the manifold can let gas into the cooling system too? It all seems a bit fishy. The car was absolutely fine before.

Do they actually remove/replace the whole manifold or just some pipes as I've seen in this thread?

I'm so angry with them. Need Help! Regards, Ash.
ashtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2020, 22:23   #375
SeaShell

My car had the head removed and valves reseated. This was done FOC. You need to check exactly what work was completed on your car.
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 09:28   #376
DTaylor

OK, just got mine back. Had a chat with the dealer.

Mine did not need any of the work done detailed in the letter regarding the fire risk and inlet manifold. This was carried out last year and is still OK.

Also mine did not need any hoses altering as the modification had also been carried out previously. (I checked before I purchased the car as you can see the modification to the top hose)

The recall on mine is to do with the EGR issue. They cleaned a couple of sensors and updated the engine software. The modified software pulses the EGR valve open and closed more frequently with the aim of stopping it from clogging up. All done. It seems a bit smoother to drive.
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 09:49   #377
daveherns

My 2016 V70 D3 has a recall warning note on the VOSA website yet my dealer sats there is no recall issued for my model yet. Very unhelpful woman at Volvo Customer Relations says the VOSA made a mess of this (not Volvo...) and a letter will be sent saying if there is a recall and what needs doing at the end of March. She refuses to get the recall warning taken off until they know if there is a recall. I want this done so I can sell the car. Thinking of complaining to the Motor Ombudsman. Any suggestions?
daveherns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2020, 11:48   #378
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

For info, I have had a recall letter from Volvo July 2019 R29939 and another from my Volvo main dealer Jan 2020 R29948. Have no idea what each recall reference means. Going in next week and will update if they are prepared to tell me.

Maybe the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about!
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 13:55   #379
James B

Angry

Hi All, i had my 2015 V70 D4 "fixed" by a software update following an update letter from Volvo, last Monday. However, since then my average MPG (reset after work carried out) has settled around 32 MPG.....
It is going back for a "Check" next week.....

(PS this is the recall notice on the plastic inlet manifold "issues")

Last edited by James B; Feb 10th, 2020 at 14:02.
James B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2020, 15:56   #380
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James B View Post
Hi All, i had my 2015 V70 D4 "fixed" by a software update following an update letter from Volvo, last Monday. However, since then my average MPG (reset after work carried out) has settled around 32 MPG.....
It is going back for a "Check" next week.....

(PS this is the recall notice on the plastic inlet manifold "issues")
That's interesting, mine is in for the recalls now. Will check mpg after and update.

Maybe the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about!
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dash300 For This Useful Post:

Tags
egr problems, v60 d4