Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T5 fuel pump - Bosch part no cross reference?

Views : 701

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2020, 14:32   #1
EVO JIM

Default T5 fuel pump - Bosch part no cross reference?

I have a 2005 V50 T5 with a fuel pump failure. I’ve pulled the pump out (part no. 0580 314 041), but I cannot find a new one anywhere other than Volvo for a ridiculous amount, so I have been trying to cross reference the Bosch pumps I can find which are only a digit or two out but nobody can confirm if a similar numbered pump will be ok despite the part information saying that they will fit a 2004 onward V50 2.5 T5.

I can find part numbers 0580 314 040 and 0580 314 043 but everyone I’ve contacted and given the VIN number to says it’s not correct for my car - what’s the difference? They look the same and are a single feed pump :-/

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
EVO JIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 16:40   #2
FunkyMelon
Master Member

I'm not sure if they are the same but may be worth looking at the Focus ST fuel pumps, expect they're the same setup.
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 16:57   #3
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO JIM View Post
I have a 2005 V50 T5 with a fuel pump failure. I’ve pulled the pump out (part no. 0580 314 041), but I cannot find a new one anywhere other than Volvo for a ridiculous amount, so I have been trying to cross reference the Bosch pumps I can find which are only a digit or two out but nobody can confirm if a similar numbered pump will be ok despite the part information saying that they will fit a 2004 onward V50 2.5 T5.

I can find part numbers 0580 314 040 and 0580 314 043 but everyone I’ve contacted and given the VIN number to says it’s not correct for my car - what’s the difference? They look the same and are a single feed pump :-/

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
EDITED (wrong p/no).

I had similar problem when trying to find replacement for my pump (AWD model apparently is different) but ended up getting OEM one from elkperformance for half the price from dealership.

no idea what actual differences are but I would be cautious - fact that it looks the same doesnt mean it will work the same. Maybe those differ with pressure it can proivide and car can go to CEL mode because of issue detected, it may work OK but will annoy you.

Last edited by LizardOfBodom; Sep 16th, 2020 at 17:01.
LizardOfBodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 17:46   #4
EVO JIM

Yes, I believe the difference may well be pressure related, hence I’ve not tried anything alternative to what I have as it’ll only lead to more frustration. The one I have runs at 3.8 bar according to Autodata.

It’s just a pain as I’ve spent so much time on this it’s becoming a major bore. I’ve been into Europe trying to source the same pump but I cannot find one (or any definitive answers) anywhere 🤦.

Volvo are hopeless and won’t provide any information, which I did expect to be honest and Bosch UK couldn’t help either.
Old Sep 18th, 2020, 15:38   #5
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Yes, I believe the difference may well be pressure related, hence I’ve not tried anything alternative to what I have as it’ll only lead to more frustration. The one I have runs at 3.8 bar according to Autodata.

It’s just a pain as I’ve spent so much time on this it’s becoming a major bore. I’ve been into Europe trying to source the same pump but I cannot find one (or any definitive answers) anywhere 🤦.

Volvo are hopeless and won’t provide any information, which I did expect to be honest and Bosch UK couldn’t help either.
yea, 3.8 seem low, thats 380kpa, normal operating pressure is within 400-500kpa as per vida with 400 being idle (atleast on mine).
interestingly though, my failing pump had no issues with reaching high values but duty cycle was very high so car was throwing CEL all the time. Its basically it had to work 30% harder than should to provide the same pressure, also was buzzing like metalic bee.

Volvo wont help you ofc, why would they? "get part off us or f.o.".
Did you try elkperformance? honestly, their price for my pump was like 350e vs 550 quoted in local dealership (for the same OEM part)
Old Sep 19th, 2020, 09:12   #6
EVO JIM

3.8 is what Autodata says is the pressure rating against the VIN. My pump on the live data fuel feed reading was bouncing on the scope between 2250-2450rpm and you could feel it vibrating through the car, so if you held the revs between that range, and only that range the oscilloscope would show the variance => lack of supply pressure. The pump eventually flagged the message of ‘low fuel pressure’ as it was dying, which is when I tested and pulled it out.

Prior to that it wasn’t flagging any messages or codes, other than a historical fuel pressure sensor code, so it’s had a fuel pressure sensor, plugs and Bosch coils for good measure.

I’ve also changed the cambelt kit to cover timing as well as ignition etc.

Yes, Volvo - good luck 🙄. Even trade they want twice the price of any other Bosch pump I buy for cars that come in.

Oh well, keep trying!

Last edited by EVO JIM; Sep 19th, 2020 at 09:22.
Old Sep 21st, 2020, 07:44   #7
domhart10
Volvo S40

Yeh im pretty sure the fuel pumps between the ST and the T5 differ. The fuel pumps between the prefacelift T5's and the facelift T5's 2008 onwards also differ, so make sure you get the right one.

I ordered the fuel pump pretty cheaply through eurocarpart if I remember correctly on one of their deals.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2020, 09:03   #8
EVO JIM

Euros done even have a listing for it anymore. Tried them and all local suppliers. They all said the same thing - Volvo only 🤦
Old Sep 21st, 2020, 09:53   #9
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Euros done even have a listing for it anymore. Tried them and all local suppliers. They all said the same thing - Volvo only 🤦
ah yeh thats frustrating, as thats where I got mine. I guess the best place would be to keep an eye on the volvo facebook pages, there is a Volvo S40 T5 breaking at the moment with a pump but that will be a different size to your.

Or possibly get a performance or focus st pump in there instead and get a mapper to check and make sure its running fine.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is online now   Reply With Quote