Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help needs - how develop dashboard

Views : 739

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 25th, 2011, 23:50   #1
TAV
Volvo-V40-Newcomer

Exclamation Help needs - how develop dashboard

hello, all here!

my name is Michael, I come from Germany, am since short owner of Volvo v40 from april 2000 - actually 193.450km`s - phase1 - who was another built one before the facelift.
I look since information about a problem meets, nothing could find now in addition in internet and thus I try mine succeed in international forums.
today thus I have found Volvo owners club forum and am glad to be a member now here.

please have understanding which is not always perfect mine in English. I use an on-line-translator, because mine has got rusty in English from school hours a little bit.

my problem is the following:
my airing to the windscreen does not work.
no warm air in defrost-modus.
I suppose that maybe the air shafts under dashboard could have freed themselves from the nozzles.

now I search understandable instructions as I can develop dashboard, speak in images best of all with photos, or an explosive drawing.

I hope, to me can be helped?!

thank many, with best ones greet,
micha from Chemnitz / Germany

HP: should my post stand in the wrong subject, I ask for the fact which a presenter him shifts suitably. thanks!
with do not answer please in the "slang" write, because I have, otherwise, difficulties to let translate the answer. thank best ones!
TAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 00:16   #2
scottishvolvo
Premier Member

Hello Michael and welcome to the VOC forum. I am not sure if this will apply to your car but you can change the pollen filter,
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...dscreen&page=3

The link in the last post gives a great how to in a phase 2 model but could apply to yours also. It is complete with pictures.
Do you get warm air from other vents?

Good luck and I'm sure you speak better English than I do German.
2014 V40 Cross Country
Please consider registering with the Anthony Nolan Trust, you could save a life.
scottishvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 00:36   #3
gatos
Premier Member

Hi and welcome to the VOC forum. Try the air filter first as scottishvolvo said. Or try to remove the air filter completely, tyrn the air to max and see how much hot air comes out from the windscreen vents. If very little air comes out, then your problem is in the vents. Have a look here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ght=windscreen

and here in case you have to remove the front console:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ghlight=matrix

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 01:23   #4
TAV
Volvo-V40-Newcomer

good morning, scottishvolvo & gatos!

hearty answer thanks to for the quickness!
thus I fancy a forum.

a few words to my "new" car...
when I have bought the V40, I have gone in the connection to volvo-garage in my town, because I knew from the chequebook which was examined the V40 there regularly and was waited.

as far as my information reaches, must have been changed of the pollen filters quite only start this year.
should he be already blocked after so short one?

I become on everybody fall to yours advise follow and to me look at the part once and developed test whether something changes.

I have a manual air-conditioning in the car.
the V40 itself is from the equipment a savings variation.
the previous owner has probably saved in somebody by the purchase.

I would like to postprepare bit by bit something in comfort, but too only Volvo must function first of all properly, before I devote myself to the pleasant gimmicks.

please me very much to have been taken up here so nicely!
for it a hearty one thanks!

best one greets, micha
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 01:27   #5
TAV
Volvo-V40-Newcomer

a short one asks occasionally - does the translator translate understandably?
I know which "has an accident" from German in English now and again the grammar something.
however, I hope, you understand what I mean...

micha
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 02:06   #6
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAV View Post
a short one asks occasionally - does the translator translate understandably?
I know which "has an accident" from German in English now and again the grammar something.
however, I hope, you understand what I mean...

micha
I thought you were using an online translator but didn't want to ask in case you thought it was rude. The english with the translator is weird, but with a bit of effort I can understand it.

Anyway, back to your problem. If you are sure the filter is new, then I am afraid the problem is behind the console where the console vents join with the main air vents. It isa big job to do if you don't know how. I will try to take some photos tomorrow to explain what exactly I mean. So please check again tomorrow for an update

Nullius in Verba
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 10:28   #7
TAV
Volvo-V40-Newcomer

hello gatos,
I've now changed once the translator, so it is enough. I can well imagine that the translation is read on the one hand be fun, on the other hand, the content is translated distorted sense.
I'm sorry.
English speaking gives me far fewer problems than writing.
nobody is perfect ^ ^
hopefully translates a little better now ... very big thank you that you worry so much work to help me!

to the topic ... if I set the regulator for the ventilation space to run, or down to the footwell, then there is a strong air flow from the nozzle. only to the front window to blow it as a breeze. fan and fan motor should be ok, also the valve position. see if the cabin air filter is not yet the candidates, I can only at the beginning of the week. I must for the warm small garage of a friend of mine use. I currently can only look on the street outside, but it is raining and quite cold.

your links and tips have already helped me very much. I'm getting an overview of what to expect. I've been screwed on other cars, preferably bwm E34. technically inept I am fortunate to not only like to know what to expect and where should I start. take apart a car by tray-and-error is nothing for me. especially not if I absolutely do not know where to start as I have. I told my friends in our German forum volvo, gets at how great it helped you. They were amazed! here it is, that most of their own experiences to pass very slowly. for whatever reason.

am glad to have found the owner-forum. and, above all, I am pleased that you have such a patience with me. thank you! am excited to see what information or pictures I receive. pictures are probably the best in my case, because the eyes get text translations in more than. I will report and if possible, also take photos of my problem.

best greetings and a relaxing weekend! micha
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 19:59   #8
gatos
Premier Member

I tried to look everywhere for some photos but could not fine that many. Look at the photos I have uploaded and it may make a bit of sense> i have highlighted with yellow the place where the seal seals the 2 units together. Yours must have come off and the air is escaping inside your front console instead of going to the windscreen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg airconbitsandpieces.jpg (145.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg airconbitsandpieceshighlighted.jpg (154.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg airconbitsandpieces2.jpg (167.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg airconbitsandpieces3.jpg (117.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF13182.JPG (169.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1318.JPG (191.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 09102011757.jpg (240.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 09102011757222.jpg (247.6 KB, 15 views)

Nullius in Verba
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 04:40   #9
TAV
Volvo-V40-Newcomer

good morning, gatos!

super-duper - I am inspired.
will mean to many thanks to for the trouble and the suspended pictures, although just the fright sits to me in the limbs if I see which expenditure this work.

I must "rethink", actually, only from on the right on a link driver, then the relations should be right again.

does one not come with hand in a manner at all under dashboard if one them means blather in front dismantled and, perhaps, to down to the climate / heating operating device burst creates?
one would be able hineingreifen to feel with the fingers first of all whether there has dropped a little bit or has freed itself...?

I have screwed already thus something, have repaired and have done handicraft - but here I capitulate just ideally to this work.
respect - who has dared there already near.

I will print out to me the pictures, take with out to the car and to me once in all rests look, where to find the positions would be able to do one which one sees in the pictures.

omg, this can become something else... there I have selected to me the right project.

gator, you should find something else in material, I would be glad if you were able to do it still post.

my woman has typed himself already with the finger to the forehead because I want to operate such an expenditure with ours "winter-car".

greets and thanks, micha