Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For sale: 850 T5-R (manual estate, black).

Views : 5279

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 20th, 2012, 21:47   #1
Axionknight
Premier Member

Default For sale: 850 T5-R (manual estate, black).

Here we go.....

For sale, is my Volvo 850 T5-R estate, it's a manual version in black, with just shy of 156 thousand miles on the clock, I am the third owner. Just passed it's MOT. I bought the car in late October 2011 with the intention of using it every day, but work has dictate otherwise and I have now been reassigned to a post abroad, so it's no longer needed - I'd loved to have kept the car, but I really have no need for it now.

Since I bought the car the following has been carried out, I have the recipts for all:

New track rod ends, and tracking done, with print out to prove.
New front anti roll bar linkage rods.
Two new front tyres, covered around 1000 miles. Plenty of life left in the back ones aswell.
Stripped all the brakes down and copper slicked everything up as needed, plenty of life in the pads.
Flushed radiator with rad flush and replaced header unit/water bottle.
New distributor cap and rotor arm.
New drivers side bottom arm replaced for MOT.
New lambda sensor - to replace an electrical fault that turned out to be a lose battery terminal!
Full engine oil flush/change.

The previous owner fitted the grooved/vented discs, a new air mass meter and those lovely Pegasus alloys.

The car was MOT'd a fortnight ago.

The car was sold to me without the supporting service documents - but the drive train is as tight as a trampoline, the cars engine has clearly been looked after and serviced, theres no knocks bangs or rattles, the idle revs are steady, the turbo is boosting correctly and doesn't smoke, sparks plugs aren't fouled and the gaps are correct (0.7mm), no smoke from the exhaust and it doesn't drink oil, which is devoid of mayo and is totally spotless.

If you aren't convinced, any inspection is welcome - drop by and you can take her for a spin up the road!

The body work is in good condition for the cars age, no rust underneath or on any of the panels, just one bit of damage to the front bumper, nothing major, and one of the alloys has been kerbed,

The interior is in fair condition, drivers seat side bolster is slightly worn, headliner section on the sunroof is missing, as is the CD player/AMP in the boot (dont know why), radio doesn't work, never looked into it, could just be a fuse - they are dirt cheap either way! Every thing else thats electric (and this thing has a lot of toys) works 100% fine, and the air con is spot on, previous owner said they'd had it regassed.

Theres a few other slight wear/tear niggles with the interior, the odd scrape or scratch, please keep in mind this car was made in 1995, viewing is recommended if you are concerned..... Please be sensible in your expectations.

In all, this is a fair example of a rare (200 were brought to the UK) and sought after car, that is a total wolf in sheeps clothing - this thing really is a fast car, modern machinery beware! I get 25mpg around town and 30/31mpg
on a longer run, obviously if you use the cars full performance potential then you'll get less! :P

Any inspection is welcome, just get in touch, I'm sure we can arrange something! The car is currently NOT taxed, which is reflected in the price - anyone who buys the car, if you want to tax it prior to taking it away, I'll drive you to the post office etc with the documents and chuck you thirty quids worth of fuel in the tank to get you on your way.......

The car is located in Huddersfield, but I spend some time in Aberdeen - so if any Northern Scottish members want to buy the car, I could possibly meet you in the Aberdeen area!

I will put some more detailed pictures up tomorrow, including the slight bumper damage and the kerbed alloy - the weathers been crap here so I havn't been able to take any more this last few days!

Asking price is £1300 (which is what I paid for it, and I've spent nearly £600 on her) - I know it's not taxed but it's in fair condition and runs well, I thought I'd post this here before putting it on the trader or ebay, so folks here have a chance

If you wish to speak on the phone, or want some more photos (I'll make sure I get some up this weekend), PM me your email address/mobile number and I'll do my best to get back to you!

- Harvey

EDIT: Just one key with the car, it was all I was given, you can have my Haybes manual too! :P

Last edited by Axionknight; Jan 20th, 2012 at 21:49.
Axionknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 21:48   #2
Axionknight
Premier Member

I'll pop some up of the interior/engine bay/kerbed alloy.bumper scrape tomorrow.
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 22:00   #3
Keith Moody

PM sent
Keith Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 22:17   #4
Axionknight
Premier Member

Replied, cheers for the interest!
Old Jan 20th, 2012, 23:04   #5
ewanc0
VOC Member

Drooool!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ewanc0 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 14:52   #6
Axionknight
Premier Member

Like it huh? :P

I said £1300 for it, I'll be more than happy with £1200, my Dads kindly gone and chipped the paint on the back bumper, nothing drastic, I'll whack a few photos up this evening when I have some more free time.
Old Jan 21st, 2012, 22:48   #7
Axionknight
Premier Member

Passenger side door check replaced, was intermittently cracking, and I'd never noticed before (barely used, I'm a loner ...). Now spot on!
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 01:42   #8
ewanc0
VOC Member

Quote:
Like it huh? :P

I said £1300 for it, I'll be more than happy with £1200, my Dads kindly gone and chipped the paint on the back bumper, nothing drastic, I'll whack a few photos up this evening when I have some more free time.
Certainly do, i had to sell my T5 in November but unfortunately won't be in a position to replace for another couple of months yet
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:18   #9
Axionknight
Premier Member

Might be in luck, it may not sell :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Axionknight For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 22nd, 2012, 11:52   #10
Axionknight
Premier Member

A few more pictures, sorry for the delay, focusing on specific parts/issues with car, dont hesitate to ask if your interested (still :P) and want more

Front bumper damage, dont know how it happened, was present when I bought the car.

Headliner section that is missing, will give rest of the headliner a good clean too, tis a bit dirty.

Passengers side rear alloy kerbing, it's slightly longer than that, but couldn;t get it to focus any better when zoomed out, due to glare. Bit of light damage to tyre but it is only superficial.

Odometer showing current mileage.

The drivers seat bolster wear, pretty unavoidable when the cars this age, but I've seen others that are a lot worse than this one before.

Was requested to check that the PCV is okay, and after running the car for 10 minutes there was no smoke from the dipstick tube, wahay!
The Following User Says Thank You to Axionknight For This Useful Post: