Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bluetoth Compatability

Views : 1426

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 09:43   #1
Skep

Default Bluetoth Compatability

My dads just got a XC60 and loves it but his current phone (samsung 2100) is not pairing well with the bluetooth. He is a bit of a technophobe so doesnt want Iphone/blackberry but likes his current phone! Samsung now do a new version of his rugged phone the 'C3350' but dont want to get it unless were sure of the compatability. Is anyone on here able to help us confirm that it works ok?

Thanks

Skep
Skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 10:18   #2
Mrjon
Master Member

There used to be a page or PDF on the Volvocars website that listed all the compatible phones they'd tested, I'll try and find it but I'm not sure if it's still there.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 10:27   #3
Mrjon
Master Member

Try looking here, put in your region and phone make.

http://www.volvocars.com/intl/sales-...luetooth1.aspx
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:15   #4
jimbg
Master Member

What is happening exactly?

Does it pair and work OK, but need to be paired again on the next time he uses the car?

Or does it pair and not work or is it some other combination!!
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:58   #5
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skep View Post
My dads just got a XC60 and loves it but his current phone (samsung 2100) is not pairing well with the bluetooth. He is a bit of a technophobe so doesnt want Iphone/blackberry but likes his current phone! Samsung now do a new version of his rugged phone the 'C3350' but dont want to get it unless were sure of the compatability. Is anyone on here able to help us confirm that it works ok?

Thanks

Skep
Just noticed the importance of your statement at the end - the fact that an existing phone model does/doesn't work as you expect it to bears little relationship as to whether a new phone, even from the same manufacturer will work or not.

saying that the bluetooth interface on the car is very well behaved and all of the issues that have appeared on this forum have been down to the phone, and user, not down to the XC60 - the most common issue has been that the pairing has not been setup correctly and people have not set the phone to permit auto-connection - there have also been occasions where people have found that without bluetooth enabled the phone won't connect
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 13:57   #6
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
- the most common issue has been that the pairing has not been setup correctly and people have not set the phone to permit auto-connection
Exactly!!

I was pairing a new Sony Xperia Arc S yesterday and I had to finally resort to calling Sony for help.

The auto connect was not working, because on this particular phone, the XC60 requested the address book and there was a VERY small symbol appearing on the phone that I had missed.

I had to click on the symbol to agree the transfer and also tick a box to remember the setting for future connections.

After that it worked perfectly, including displaying the multiple numbers for each contact.
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 23:59   #7
XC60MY12
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Exactly!!

I was pairing a new Sony Xperia Arc S yesterday and I had to finally resort to calling Sony for help.

The auto connect was not working, because on this particular phone, the XC60 requested the address book and there was a VERY small symbol appearing on the phone that I had missed.

I had to click on the symbol to agree the transfer and also tick a box to remember the setting for future connections.

After that it worked perfectly, including displaying the multiple numbers for each contact.
Hi jimbg. A quick question, not wishing to hijack this thread. Do you have music on your Arc? I have an Xperia Ray and when I play it via USB it always starts at the same point. Selecting "random" varies the playback but I cannot play an album right through or select a playlist. Bluetooth streaming gives no choice of sequence and shows no track info.
XC60MY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2012, 08:45   #8
jimbg
Master Member

Sorry, I have not tried it as I am using my Ipod for music.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbg For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 19:31   #9
Worthingmike

Hi Skep, I have a XC60 and have no problem in using my Samsung C3050. It connects every time I start the car.
Worthingmike is offline   Reply With Quote