Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 config tips

Views : 5633

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 9th, 2012, 22:29   #1
excaleng
Ex Executive Club Member

Default XC90 config tips

In another thread I came across the text below detailing how to switch on the speed dependent auto lock function. Which made me think, has anyone documented how to switch on other or all such hidden configuration settings for the XC90?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4
now trying to find if there is a setting to do an "Anti Hijack/Auto Lock" mode on the S60 or XC90.
You don't need the DICE interface for the XC90. Key in ignition to pos I or II, press and hold the door lock button on the drivers door control panel, wait till you see AUTOLOCK ACTIVATED in the message display.
Don't know if it's the same on the S60?
HTH
Sold into slavery: Volvo XC90 SE D5 AWD (185BHP) MY06
Retired: Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 Ltd
excaleng is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excaleng For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 09:19   #2
FXMunkee

That was my "discovery" and it was found by "reading the manual"
You never know there might be other hidden features documented in there, I will check....
FXMunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 11:13   #3
Sydneyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaleng View Post
In another thread I came across the text below detailing how to switch on the speed dependent auto lock function. Which made me think, has anyone documented how to switch on other or all such hidden configuration settings for the XC90?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuT4
now trying to find if there is a setting to do an "Anti Hijack/Auto Lock" mode on the S60 or XC90.
You don't need the DICE interface for the XC90. Key in ignition to pos I or II, press and hold the door lock button on the drivers door control panel, wait till you see AUTOLOCK ACTIVATED in the message display.
Don't know if it's the same on the S60?
HTH
Sadly 2 month's too late for me as a paid the Volvo dealer £10 to do mine when I bought the car. Robbing bar stewards!

But thanks for the tip. I hope that more come to light which we can all benefit from.
Sydneyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 00:11   #4
excaleng
Ex Executive Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXMunkee View Post
That was my "discovery" and it was found by "reading the manual"
You never know there might be other hidden features documented in there, I will check....
Hmm, something I obviously missed as I spent ages pouring over the manual in the weeks before delivery day. Page 124 I see, thanks.

Last edited by excaleng; Feb 13th, 2012 at 00:25.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 12:19   #5
TheDufster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyuk View Post
Sadly 2 month's too late for me as a paid the Volvo dealer £10 to do mine when I bought the car. Robbing bar stewards!

But thanks for the tip. I hope that more come to light which we can all benefit from.
That is appalling and should be reported!

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 09:06   #6
Coconut
Older than Junior Member

Default Service Reminder resetting

Great idea to pull together this kind of info in one place :-) If enough get posted perhaps it could become "sticky" ?

I can't take the credit for this one, but here's some info copied from elsewhere on the forums,
about resetting the "Service Reminder" warning :

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced.
The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II.
*Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.
-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.
*Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.
-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
*Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

2008 XC90 D5 Executive, Sandstone Beige Leather, Active Bi-Xenons, Electric Sun Roof, Roof rails, Climate Control, Twin electric front heated seats, Volvo DTi, Full integrated phone, Westfalia Tow Bar....
Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coconut For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 00:04   #7
excaleng
Ex Executive Club Member

One from Doc4246.....

Nice touch Active Bi Xenon Lights left/right adjust
I see other threads on the topic of hidden menus and nifty gizmos, well although new to Volvo and a new XC90 owner, and still muddling through some slight irritations - a good feature (well for me anyway as I travel to/from Europe a lot) is the shifting headlamp pattern for left/right side traffic on Active Bi Xenon Lights.

Although many manufacturers now offer adaptive Xenon headlamps, not many allow you to choose a pattern depending on what side of the road you are on at the touch of button!

No more sticky tape over the lenses and trying to get it right in the miserable weather at some port in blighty before going across...just press the ABL button on the centre console for 5 seconds and they flip over, almost like magic...

Even better you are reminded each time on ignition start with a message on the instrument panel, just in case of forgetting to revert on return...

Is it too soon to pat Volvo on the back for a job well done?
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 10:54   #8
doc4246
2007/MY07 XC90 V8 Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by excaleng View Post
One from Doc4246.....

Nice touch Active Bi Xenon Lights left/right adjust
I see other threads on the topic of hidden menus and nifty gizmos, well although new to Volvo and a new XC90 owner, and still muddling through some slight irritations - a good feature (well for me anyway as I travel to/from Europe a lot) is the shifting headlamp pattern for left/right side traffic on Active Bi Xenon Lights.

Although many manufacturers now offer adaptive Xenon headlamps, not many allow you to choose a pattern depending on what side of the road you are on at the touch of button!

No more sticky tape over the lenses and trying to get it right in the miserable weather at some port in blighty before going across...just press the ABL button on the centre console for 5 seconds and they flip over, almost like magic...

Even better you are reminded each time on ignition start with a message on the instrument panel, just in case of forgetting to revert on return...

Is it too soon to pat Volvo on the back for a job well done?

Well again though that's in the handbook hahaha...

Although I do use the auto door locks on moving off function, it would be nice that when putting the gear in P (for those of us with autos) for the doors to then unlock...my old Jeep Grand Cherokee used to do this - and I could even choose if the unlock included the boot or not...

Despite its age so needing a change I now miss the Jeep in view of my post elsewhere on my newly acquired (albeit 2nd hand) MY2007 XC90 V8 auto having the infamous DEM DTC SET code so only running in 2WD not AWD...never was a problem with Jeep's AWD system!!!

It would be nice if when just using the side lights on a Volvo (instead of the DRLs) that when remotely locking the vehicle that these would turn off - in other words no matter where the headlight switch is positioned, all lights are turned off when locking the vehicle with the remote control.

Same with being how long to keep the interior courtesy lights on when getting back in - I'd prefer them to stay on a bit longer...even for say 10 seconds after ignition start.

I had a BMW X3 briefly and although there wasn't too much the owner could do with personalising the settings, you could fill out a form at a BMW delaer and they would do this for you...albeit for a fee, naturally.

So it would be nice if there was even a list of what may be personalised?

For example the temperature range for the heated seats can be changed...
doc4246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 14:50   #9
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc4246 View Post
For example the temperature range for the heated seats can be changed...
That can be done by vour dealer, 3 different settings if I remember, asked for mine to be done when it was being serviced, and they didnt charge any extra.

Hope it helps
TruckbusUK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 21:55   #10
Dave155

Apparently, if your XC90 is MY2005 and earlier, you need the dealer to do it for you with a software upgrade.

Just tried the 'secret code' on my Jan 2005 XC90 and it doesn't work - can't see it in the manual either.

So if yours is pre-2005 £10 is fair enough - if its later then I'd agree, that's naughty!
Dave155 is offline   Reply With Quote