Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Low mileage C70 Convertible.

Views : 1137

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2014, 18:20   #1
Austin160
Master Member

Default Low mileage C70 Convertible.

Not sure if it is in order to advertise my wife's car for sale on this forum. It's a 2002 2.0t manual which has just turned 61,000 miles - in the dark metallic blue with grey leather. Supplied new by FRF and serviced by them up to 45,000 miles. Heated seats, cruise control, wood trim, over mats etc. Just had its 60K service inc. cambelt. As nice as you would hope for, for mileage and age, and driven, and looked after with respect - we are pensioners, but don't tell my wife I said so!
We are looking for £2150, and I know you can buy some cheaper but....
The car is near to Cardiff and I will post some photos tomorrow if I can find out how to do it (modern technology!). I guess anyone interested can be in touch by PM - if I can find out how that works too.
Many thanks.
Austin160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2014, 19:02   #2
Luxobarge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin160 View Post
Not sure if it is in order to advertise my wife's car for sale on this forum.
Yes it is, but ideally in the "Sales" section - here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=158

This section is for technical queries.

Cheers!
Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 09:24   #3
Austin160
Master Member

Thanks Luxobarge. So it gets mentioned under "Parts for sale" ? I have now done some photos and being new to these things, I haven't a clue how to post them when I list the car under the new category. Not very good with these things! Wondered if you or anyone could advise. Is it the "attach files" option, and if so, what is the manage files bit? Many thanks, Austin160.
Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 15:28   #4
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

If you've got the photo's on your computer you can add them by clicking on the attachments button at the top of the box (paperclip symbol) when the manage attachments box pops up click on one of the browse buttons and it will bring up another window File Upload where you can find files from your computer and select them, when you've attached all the photo's click Upload in the Manage attachments window and the job's done. If you click preview post before you submit reply you will see them at the bottom of the post

Helps if you can remember where on the computer you saved the photo's otherwise you can only find irrelevant ones like this-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C P16-M_P0421_Left_View.jpg (56.8 KB, 16 views)

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2014, 08:11   #5
Austin160
Master Member

Default Low mileage C70 Convertible for sale.

Followed your very clear instructions DaveNP but got message "jpeg upload failed" or something similar (see under Parts for Sale). If it interests, you then just be in touch. Open to serious and genuine offers, and I think you will find the car is as nice as it should be, photos or no photos.
Thanks again Austin160
Old Oct 27th, 2014, 13:23   #6
Darranna
VOC Member

Sounds like a nice car (although I only drive Autos these days). If it helps you out I'll host and list your photos for you.

Send me a PM and I'll reply with my email address.

Regards
Darren
Darranna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darranna For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2014, 08:47   #7
Austin160
Master Member

Default Low mileage C70 convertible.

With grateful thanks to Darranna, I now have some photos up for this under the Parts for Sale section (not sure why cars for sale go under parts for sale though).
The photos are are not as good as I would have liked them to be- my fault.

NOW THE INTERESTING BIT. Due to bad experiences with scammers on a site where we advertised the car we now want a quick, straightforward and above all, honest sale, so all GENUINE offers over £1600 will be considered. It is 2002 2.0 manual, it is a genuine 61,000 miles with service history,recent cambelt and service. It does have heated leather seats, cruise control' wood trim etc.. Not sure what better pedigree it could have. Number plate not included.
Please, please, only genuinely interested buyers prepared to travel 45mins west of the Severn Bridge. I will be disappointed if you are. I will gladly tell you all you need to know.
Many thanks Austin160.
This message will also go under the thread in Parts for Sale.
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 10:02   #8
Austin160
Master Member

Well - there's me thinking most Volvo enthusiasts really like these great value for money models! But.... It seems wrong-time-of-year-to -sell bargains are of little interest, so perhaps the best bet is to enjoy it, and keep it until the spring and sell it for its true value then.
The Following User Says Thank You to Austin160 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 10:14   #9
krussel
Premier Member

Trouble is Austin most people on here already own a Volvo.

Something like Pistonheads website is prob a good bet.
krussel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krussel For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 18:47   #10
krussel
Premier Member

If you can afford the insurance and 6 months road tax Austin why not keep the old girl and run her as a summer car.

That's what I do and when your doing less than 1000 miles a year petrol cost does not seem so bad. It would cost you a lot more to replace the car like for like.

Also whens the suns out and your roof is down that is when someone will be interested in the car.
krussel is offline   Reply With Quote