Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   V40/XC '12>17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   64 plate v40 4 sensors failed at once (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=334856)

prochicken Aug 27th, 2023 11:16

64 plate v40 4 sensors failed at once

i have had a 64 plate v40 D2 for the past 12 months, flew the MOT with no problems but a week after the MOT i had 4 sensors fail all at the same time, i have never took a single car of mine to service as i am able to do most stuff myself, i am not a trained mechanic but spent my childhood watching my father fix multiple cars, the sensors that failed are the ABS, ESC, Tyre Pressure and the city safety, if it was just one sensor failing i would understand and get it replaced but as its all 4 sensors at the same time it just seems like a bit of a coincidence, has anyone else had this problem and how did they solve it, thanks

Clan Aug 27th, 2023 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by prochicken (Post 2911589)
i have had a 64 plate v40 D2 for the past 12 months, flew the MOT with no problems but a week after the MOT i had 4 sensors fail all at the same time, i have never took a single car of mine to service as i am able to do most stuff myself, i am not a trained mechanic but spent my childhood watching my father fix multiple cars, the sensors that failed are the ABS, ESC, Tyre Pressure and the city safety, if it was just one sensor failing i would understand and get it replaced but as its all 4 sensors at the same time it just seems like a bit of a coincidence, has anyone else had this problem and how did they solve it, thanks

They wont ALL have failed at the same time, probably a network communication problem with ONE cause , It needs professionally diagnosing.

robinm02 Oct 14th, 2023 18:49

I have just had the same thing happen to me. They all came on at once
I did a diagnose on car with a Topdon 500s unit and it came up with Left rear wheel sensor fault.
bought one from Amazon around £13 and replaced it in under 1 hour, fiddley but did it
took car for drive after and all faults cleared
if you know anyone with a scanner get them to run diagnostic and run a health check to find out which wheel sensor has failed
Apparently this is common with wheel sensor failure to bring up all 4 faults
hope this helps

Lancee Oct 14th, 2023 19:16

Double check ALL the tyre pressures.

robinm02 Oct 14th, 2023 19:40

NO
You have to run a diagnostic check
When I got this same fault I checked each tyre pressure and all was ok
I did a re calibrate and all came green which cleared fault on tyre pressure light but none of others but within 1 min it came up with trye pressure fault again
I dont think problem is with tyre pressure but faulty wheel sensor
Only going on experience with my problem but doing what I did has saved me Pounds
I managed to get a cheap scanner that would read Volvo ABS problems and after reading what fault was managed to get spare part off Amazon and replaced
Now car running with no faults displayed

Lancee Oct 14th, 2023 19:54

Checking the tyre pressures is free and easy. See the link below. #16.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=335004

Indeed it may prove to be far more complicated than tyre pressure/s, but it's not the first instance I have seen (on the forum) of the TPMS apparently causing multiple issues.

Nothing to be lost (or cost) by checking?:regular_smile:

robinm02 Oct 14th, 2023 20:13

I agree checking tyre pressure is easy and free
I am only giving my experience I had to solve this same problem
Its frustating that 1 simple problem causes 3 others and you dont know which one it is

robinm02 Oct 14th, 2023 23:00

Have put scanner I used on Ebay for 100 well worth it
For Volvo members will do 80 plus postage
half price
Volvo members with Ebay account ask for BIN price and I will know it from Volvo members
saying you are Volvo members