Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Generic Parts for Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   For sale: Volvo 2.4d\d5 timing belt additional protection (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=246107)

Clan Jul 20th, 2021 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo360turbo (Post 2754996)
Hi guys, are you doing another run of this kit, in the process of replacing a smashed engine for this problem. seen them n eBay but £150 delivered!!!

If you are please put me down.

Kev

There is no evidence these will work .. there are massive forces involved when the belt tangles ...just change your belt as volvo recommend and there will be no problems ... t

Volvobrokedown Nov 20th, 2022 14:51

I bought a volvo v70 2,5ft 2009 3 weeks ago. I was able to drive it for 3 days until the multibelt decided to make love with the camshaftbelt. I have just rebuilt the engine with new cylinderhead etc etc. But i found out about this cover and would like to have some extra protection since the orginal protector is way to weak. I cant send a PM to the guy selling. How do i proceed?

xc60sun Dec 1st, 2022 10:17

can we get a picture how this solution looks like?

Clan Dec 1st, 2022 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancake (Post 2072467)
What's it made from? Have you done any research to prove that it works? Aux belts can be quite violent when they snap.

Exactly this unit needs to have a guarantee with insurance of at least £10.000 and if it doesn't work then pay for the repair costs to the engine.
The best 100% way to prevent the belt breaking is to service the car properly ...

prezd Dec 28th, 2022 19:54

like this

1 Attachment(s)
but small 0.5-1mm gap

Quote:

Originally Posted by xc60sun (Post 2861896)
can we get a picture how this solution looks like?

prezd Dec 28th, 2022 20:02

do you still have some pictures and schematics ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Element888 (Post 2072387)
Here we have for sale additional protection\cover for VOLVO 2.4D and D5 engines

Why do I need one?
Additional cover will protect your engine from expensive repairs or write-off due to aux belt\air-con belt snapping and wrapping around timing belt and damaging engine.

ukaszc Feb 14th, 2024 06:40

Hi.
Is it still possible to buy additional cover fot timing belt for my 2008 2.4 D5 185 xc70 ?
Regards
lukaszcapinski@gmail.com

Kev0607 Feb 23rd, 2024 17:07

There's no definite proof that it actually works, but then again, I can see how its an extra layer of protection if the aux belt did decide to come off. Its £55 and could possibly save your engine or £55 and it doesn't do a thing... catch 22. Maybe it has saved engines from catastrophic damage, we just don't know.

The seller hasn't been active for over a year and he stopped selling them anyway. I suggest this thread is closed.

If a moderator reads this, I'll leave it to their discretion as to whether they close it. I don't see the point having a thread open when the seller no longer visits here or sells the item anyway. That's my "two cents".