Thread: V50 General : - Diesel Engine Cleaner Additive
View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 22:39   #9
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMe
Just done a survey of local fuel prices (using this site )

Supermarket Diesel is available at 134ppl (132ppl if I go out of my way to find it). Vpower is 145ppl from my nearest outlet, 143ppl if I happen to find myself in a nearby town or 141ppl if I go out of my way to find it). And of course Supermarkets regularly offer a 5ppl (or better) discount for shopping there; don't think Shell ever do that.

I'd want to guarantee at least a 7% improvement in fuel consumption before considering V power and would prefer to see 11% (to allow for the discount offers).

Ninja59's figures are suggesting something in the order of 10% might be obtainable - but of course I have no idea how his useage pattern compares with mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja59 View Post
I would never run mine on SM fuel not that i am snob by any means, but it just really does not have the same go or emissions when i run on SM fuel.

i tend to drive it what i consider reasonable you know about 70-75 mway duals and on lanes with about 60mph on average rarely in town.
I completly agree with Ninja, I wouldn't use anything else (if possible) other than Shell V-Power. I've had so much success with V-Power in both my old diesel and now my petrol V50 (see post #9 LINKY!) which I can confirm with Diesel V-Power anyway that I used to get a 10% increase on a long run with V-Power over SM fuel. I then done an Eco Run in my V50 T5 on Shell V-Power and managed 500miles (which is good for a T5 - LINKY!).

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote