Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help ! S80 towbar

Views : 1269

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 4th, 2013, 20:14   #1
WOKI 1

Default Help ! S80 towbar

Advice please someone ?
I,m in the process of purchaseing a towbar [flange type] for my Aug 2010 S80 [d3] saloon, I have looked at the witter detachable flange type and it seems to suit my needs.
It comes with single electrics [fine] but would it require the need to go to Volvo to have any programming done??? fitted its £465 according to online booking from witter, £184 to purchase same bar and single electrics and get someone to do do it ?? Just want to be safe, anyone help Please ?? Thanks in advance, PS i,m in North West area, cheers Geoff
WOKI 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 23:13   #2
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

my limited understanding is that (presumably with Volvo wiring) the programming element will do things like turn off rear fog lights, rear parking sensors when hitched up (and possibly blub failure circuitry?). Otherwise you just need to locate the right wires to connect to. The Volvo price is over £700, so I can understand wanting some saving, though don't forget VOC discount with most dealers.
Old Feb 6th, 2013, 19:27   #3
WOKI 1

Well, It,s booked in to "Rybrooke Volvo" of Warrington, fantastic price for tow bar fully fitted and a full service booked as well.......I,l let you know how it goes with this dealership.
My first experience of a volvo dealer but i must say they have gone out of there way to help..fingers crossed all will be well on the 12th Feb...........
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 22:44   #4
WOKI 1

Well people had the towbar and service from "Rybrook" volvo Warrington, I have to say best dealership i have dealt with in years, Thoroughly proffesional from the pick up of car to the evening delivery.
Discount on the towbar and the service and i reported on the pickup a very dull knock comeing from the rear of vehical, nothing drastic but annoying once you know its there.
I didnt expect them to even look for it but the Service manager "Mike" phoned me and asked could he keep the vehicle overnight to do a diagnostic on the fault the day after. I assumed it would need another date, anyway the fault has been found and the parts ordered for a future replacement [they didnt have the part in stock for the vehicle chassis] .......I cant honestly say i,v been treated better at any other dealership, in a word IMPRESSED...............
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 17:48   #5
WOKI 1

"Rybrook Volvo" had the S80 back this 8am morning, 1-45pm it was on its way home with new shockers on the back and no sounds, well pleased........
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 19:54   #6
WOKI 1

Well guys, Just an update...............sad to say the noise from I assume the shocks returned, several attempts to fix it but no joy. Slowly but surely changed my mind re the Volvo,

so ITS GONE.......1st and LAST Volvo I will own.