Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850/v70 wind deflectors

Views : 793

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 26th, 2018, 11:08   #1
Ian mallett

Question 850/v70 wind deflectors

I'm looking for a set of wind reflectors to fit my ph1 v70. I've found some at the right price but they are showing as 4door only. Does anyone know if the rear doors are the same between v70 & s70.
Ian mallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 14:41   #2
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Ian:~ Try these,just purchased a set & confirmed fit by the supplier-send them your details to double check if you wish.
Bob

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S70...UAAOSwWnFWCUJ1
Bob Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 19:06   #3
DunkinBiskits
Master Member

same doors, glazing and window aperture on both S70 and V70 MK1 (classic)

same kit will do both cars

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
Torque is how far you take the wall with you
DunkinBiskits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 19:11   #4
Ian mallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkinBiskits View Post
same doors, glazing and window aperture on both S70 and V70 MK1 (classic)

same kit will do both cars
Thanks for that, exactly what I needed to know.
Next question, which is better... Stick on or clip in channel ones? I've always had clip ins but hate the way they scratch and screech on the windows.
Old Feb 26th, 2018, 19:13   #5
Ian mallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Meadows View Post
Ian:~ Try these,just purchased a set & confirmed fit by the supplier-send them your details to double check if you wish.
Bob

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S70...UAAOSwWnFWCUJ1
Cheers for that, I had bought some different ones earlier but just had them cancelled as they were out of stock 😠.
Have you fitted these to your car yet?
Old Mar 3rd, 2018, 11:11   #6
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Default Wind Deflectors:~ Fitting

Hi Ian- not yet as the white stuff is still a liitle heavy!
I don't want to start bending plastic until warmer,however I have purchased a set from the same company for the 240 Estate & again checked directly with them for a fit- confirmed back- and they do.
(I always double check prior to buying then if you have a problem you have additional proof of wrong supply when returning etc)
The stainless clips are not really required although I did buy some more of them but never used (they advised the same) you can add more double sided tape if you wish but once they begin to settle within the channels then all should be ok as they are a captive fit-just watch the initial window up/down to avoid any points that may catch the new fittings.
Hope it helps
Regards Bob
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 13:54   #7
Ian mallett

Hi bob thanks for the info, once tou have fitted them could you post some pictures and let me know how well the windows open & close as I was going to go with stick on just because I dont like the glass scraping on the plastic.
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 19:46   #8
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Default Wind Deflectors:~ Fitting

Hi Ian:~ sorry for the delay but I have only just fitted these today, I have a couple of photos just taken (evening) so a little on the dark side but otherwise ok- I can’t get them loaded onto this site but if you let me have your email address I will send over:~ Just Sorted This!
They are a straight forward fit- see YouTube for some more details in addition to the package information. For the front fitting locate the front lower edge behind the mirror pressing down & then locate the back edge into the channel this will flex the wind deflector some then start to work the same into the rest of the channel.
The rear is the same procedure but less flexing is required- remove the tape that holds the fitting in place- clean the channel first with something like panel degreaser so that the tape can stick. I haven’t used the stainless clips yet as I want to wait and see how well they stay in place without them.
Windows closed without any great problem but watch for any initial catching- the glass will compress the new fitting into the channel so just leave them closed for as long as possible.
Trust this ok for you
Regards Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0625.JPG (107.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0626.JPG (102.9 KB, 32 views)
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 16:47   #9
Petrolhead94

I've bought wind deflectors in the past, worth a look, if you have't got sorted yet.

Heko have been the most durable wind deflectors I currently have them on my car. Highly recommend.
Petrolhead94 is offline   Reply With Quote